Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-10-2021, 10:47 PM   #851
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...) Unless you think it would be worth the effort to do more setup work (i.e. stealing uniforms so they can blend in, maybe stealing guns before hand, something else)"
The thing about uniforms sounds like a great boost for your plan. You also have to do something about your identity; do you have a disguise? Can you look (for example) like a man with your powers? The prisioners may also need a goal; perhaps you could tell the people to take over the armoury.
Old 08-11-2021, 03:53 AM   #852
GnomesofZurich

"Hua, thank you for taking care of the pills in the Shields' mess, that will make my life a lot easier. Pacifica's idea of using the prisoners to take over an armoury is a good one. I need to figure out my next steps: I've made the swap and avoided being swept up in the lockdown, thanks to Pacifica's warning, and subverted Chiki. What do you think I should do next?"
Old 08-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #853
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"What do you think I should do next?"
"Well, you could try to subvert even more people. Maybe try to attack. Maybe try to subvert medical staff so they don't treat the poisoning victims properly? If either of you are good at finding things, a strong piece of metal would help the escapees break into the armory."

New Plans:
-> Get uniforms for all the people I'm going to help escape
-> Get a crowbar or something similar so they can break into the weapons locker
-> Get more scalpels? (Do I have enough to arm all the escapees?)
-> After all the preparations are done, move ahead with the jailbreak.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:56 PM   #854
Hide

Day, could you subvert the men guarding the armoury? Or Hua, could you dazzle the guards for the prisoners?
Old 08-11-2021, 10:39 PM   #855
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Day, could you subvert the men guarding the armoury? Or Hua, could you dazzle the guards for the prisoners?
"That would be possible, but unnecessary. The weapons lockers are stored near Security's living quarters and the area is high security. If we could subvert all the guards who might show up then we'd just tell them to start killing officers. Dazzling them is difficult because there's three entrances to cover too."

If weapons are less than lethal, maybe we could stun security and have Daymar subvert them then?

"We ought to come up with a pass-phrase to identify ourselves without giving them a list of identities. Last mission I used a few lines from the Balada de la Quinta República, but someone apparently knew the lines, so..."
Old 08-12-2021, 05:37 AM   #856
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"I could, given the opportunity. I don't have a good reason to approach the armoury, but if I can find them off-shift it would be easier."
Old 08-12-2021, 07:52 PM   #857
Hide

I see, you are right; perhaps we could subvert a single guard (or two, if they are in pairs), to allow prisoners approach and arm themselves "peacefully". All we need is the target’s schedule, which can be unveiled with additional “casing”.

IIRC Hua, you can make another person invisible if both stand close to each other. Then, you can take a stroll around the ship with Day and bring him close to the guard(s).

You could disguise yourselves and take action when things are in your favour; this means you won’t have to remain invisible the whole time, you could use stealth and suggestion to aid yourselves.

The plan would take two or three steps, and I think its execution may take 1 or 2 days:
  1. Casing the targets.
  2. Subverting the targets.
  3. Bringing the prisoners in.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #858
TGLS

Quote:
I see, you are right; perhaps we could subvert a single guard (or two, if they are in pairs), to allow prisoners approach and arm themselves "peacefully"
"But there aren't any specific guards. They were clever when they set this system up, as they put the weapons lockers that form the armory in a high traffic area, where security arrives unpredictably. So the only practical way to subvert an entire shift of security guards, or at least all the men."

"I suppose we could also get one of the guards to give up or just lend his key. Then there wouldn't be any alarms but there's still the possibility someone might come by at an inopportune time."
Old 08-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #859
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I suppose we could also get one of the guards to give up or just lend his key. Then there wouldn't be any alarms but there's still the possibility someone might come by at an inopportune time."
"That's probably the ticket, get a guard to hand over his key. As for someone coming by at an inopportune time, we could station you in the hallway to cause a distraction if someone came by."
Old 08-13-2021, 03:09 PM   #860
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"That's probably the ticket, get a guard to hand over his key. As for someone coming by at an inopportune time, we could station you in the hallway to cause a distraction if someone came by."
"Well if we're going to go the route of getting people all armed up, we should probably:
-> Get more people subverted
-> Inform our subverted officers of what's going down so they can get ready to help out
-> Getting everything else we want done before then"

"Within 8 hours after we raid the armory, they're going to doing an inventory of the armory and discover guns are missing. I think it we ought to disable all remaining guns at the same time."

Last edited by TGLS; 08-13-2021 at 03:23 PM.