Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-04-2022, 11:13 PM   #1481
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica takes a moment (extra time) to think about Zybo/Tutunas’ potential moves, cross checking with her previous analysis of the ship.

Pacifica (tactics) Luck 1:

3d6 <= 7+2 (from extra time and complimentary roll).
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success!

She shares her impressions with her teammates, to coordinate the final details of their plans.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:44 AM   #1482
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica takes a moment (extra time) to think about Zybo/Tutunas’ potential moves, cross checking with her previous analysis of the ship.

Pacifica (tactics) Luck 1:

3d6 <= 7+2 (from extra time and complimentary roll).
3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success!

She shares her impressions with her teammates, to coordinate the final details of their plans.
Sitting down and working out everthing, Pacifica figures that The two most independent officers would have worked their way towards the nuclear warheads quickly. They'll take a short while to arm them, and then to place them, setting a timer and concealing them in a hydrogen brick cell.

They'll try to preserve a good chunk of the crew, which means blowing off a part of the ship life support, which is all at the bottom of the ship. With life support and a good supply of hydrogen bricks, they can survive for years on recycled (and unappetizing food). Long enough for the nuclear flash to be picked up by survey ships after the war.

The typical location is right above the command center where you currently are, on deck 8, blowing the reactors and maneuver drive, wrecking the warp drive, and hopefully floating away with the forward life support in 19F. They are worried you own this command center, so they will try to place the bomb somewhere else.

They could leave the warhead right where they find it. because of how the battle went, deck 4 is hard for them to reach, and that would mean the bomb is on deck 16 in the F block somewhere. That would destroy the weapons systems, warp core, and manuever drive, leaving the reactors (maybe) and hoping that the life support around 18 B remains intact.

They could also be hauling the bomb to the aft of deck 6, behind the reactors, setting and it off to achieve an effect similar to the deck 8 explosion, surviving off the 19F life support.

In either case, the bombers will be collecting a band of crew nearby the relevant life support section while the bombs tick down.

Pacifica figures they will have obtained the bombs by now, and are arming them. Next they will either move one to 6A or or hide it in 16 F and move to 18B life support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, I'll try and slip into the missile command center (on decks 4&5) and see if I can identify where the warheads are kept before we begin our assault on the missile section. If I can, then I'll slip back to inform the guards. If not, then I'll start making potshots at the missile personnel once the attack begins.
How many men are you taking with you? How far back will they hang? make stealth rolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will take Pookivo and 15 guards, letting Pookivo take command of the troops with Daymar counseling him. As has been pointed out, there's no substitute for Daymar's abilities, so he is going to take reasonable precautions from being injured, staying in the centre of the group of guards until they get to the reactor and then seeking cover from which he can shoot or use his abilities. They're going to seek to assault and take the reactor from the loyalists.
Ok, that's really close. Pookivo takes you up three floors so the assualt can start at the offices of the reactor section. The three floors are assaulted at once. The officer in charge of the reactor is at his desk, and has a gun out. He drops below his desk with his gun. The others on the level freeze.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:57 PM   #1483
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How many men are you taking with you?
Quote:
So three locations: Missiles 16-18, Missiles 4-5, & Reactor. I say half to the reactor and a quarter each to the missiles.
So with Daymar taking 16, I'll take 8 and another 8 can go target the other missiles section.

Quote:
How far back will they hang?
A compartment towards the bow from the elevators.

Quote:
make stealth rolls.
Here you go:
Quote:
[1043] 22-07-05 22:56:28 CEST
Photorefraction Rolls
3d6 <= 15
1: 3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
2: 1 + 4 + 1 = 6 ... success
3: 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success

[1042] 22-07-05 22:56:17 CEST
Stealth Rolls
3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
2: 6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... success
3: 2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 12:40 AM   #1484
Hide

OOC: OK so, in terms of the information provided with the tactics roll, are you (Hua/Day) changing or updating your moves?

If we have 51 security and 6 officers, then it is 17 security crewmen and 2 officers per Dreadstormer.

Pacifica asks her men to take the weapons of the 9 fallen security members (or to distribute them, if the already picked them). She keeps an additional gun for herself and hands over 2 weapons to Hua and another 2 to Daymar. She also keeps her jacket; in case she needs it for the next maneuver.

She consults the officers to find out who has experience or knowledge in disarming bombs (such as the one the enemy is about to arm), with the intention of bringing such person with the team. She asks them not to ask openly, because a “traitor” could use that chance to spoil the mission.

Pacifica will leave 1 officer and 1 security member in charge of the deck she took over, instructing the officer to provide the most capable men with the 2 remaining weapons.

She will head to deck 6 with 8 men. She asks another 6 men to be on the ready, with the intention of providing additional support, should the Dreadstormers need it.

Pacifica makes her stealth roll and succeeds 15 (12).

She also tries to set up a noisemaker for deck 9 using the buckles of the people that died (but gets a critical failure).
Old 07-06-2022, 07:10 AM   #1485
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Ok, that's really close. Pookivo takes you up three floors so the assualt can start at the offices of the reactor section. The three floors are assaulted at once. The officer in charge of the reactor is at his desk, and has a gun out. He drops below his desk with his gun. The others on the level freeze.
Daymar orders the others in the office to raise their hands. He asks Pookivo to send two guards to pin down the officer under the desk, and to shoot him if necessary. If he can catch a glimpse of him, Daymar will attempt Suggestion.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:14 AM   #1486
TGLS

Quote:
OOC: OK so, in terms of the information provided with the tactics roll, are you (Hua/Day) changing or updating your moves?
My assumption was that you reached the conclusion too late to tell us about it.
Old 07-06-2022, 09:06 AM   #1487
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Quote:
My assumption was that you reached the conclusion too late to tell us about it.
You can do otherwise if you wish... but right now that's the working assumption.

Quote:
I'll take 8...
Hua approaches the missile section from the bow. She finds that the upper missile section has been abandoned, except for a single compartment, which has its doors shut. The compartment where the nukes for the upper deck are kept.

Quote:
If we have 51 security and 6 officers, then it is 17 security crewmen and 2 officers per Dreadstormer.
Sure, but that's not who you have with you: right now you have 21 security with you. Nubitothi is at the small stub of one in the fore of the ship. Pookivo is following daymar around. Vinobi is usurping command of the officer's quarters, Vibibu is collecting prisoners in life support, Chojo and Nichapu are with Pookivo at the deck 6 command center, and Jivithi and Jokuchi are not contacted yet, still at Motive and Lasers respectively, presumably keeping their people from doing anything rash or effective.

You have a number of unnamed officers and security among the prisoners you just captured in the big battle as well.

Hua will be taking her personnel from the deck 6 command center, since she is passing by there.

Quote:
Pacifica asks her men to take the weapons of the 9 fallen security members (or to distribute them, if the already picked them). She keeps an additional gun for herself and hands over 2 weapons to Hua and another 2 to Daymar. She also keeps her jacket; in case she needs it for the next maneuver.
Pacifica's squad will each be carrying a spare laser riffle. She has found an additional handgun with bullets.

Quote:
She consults the officers to find out who has experience or knowledge in disarming bombs (such as the one the enemy is about to arm), with the intention of bringing such person with the team. She asks them not to ask openly, because a “traitor” could use that chance to spoil the mission.
Lt. Nichapu volunteers to defuse any bombs: He's an officer over missiles, and thinks you haven't collected anyone he thinks is more experienced at this sort of thing than him (you have almost no converted crew from missiles). He's over in the center on deck 6.

Quote:
Pacifica will leave 1 officer and 1 security member in charge of the deck she took over, instructing the officer to provide the most capable men with the 2 remaining weapons.

She will head to deck 6 with 8 men. She asks another 6 men to be on the ready, with the intention of providing additional support, should the Dreadstormers need it.
You'll need to call some new troops over from deck 6 to have that many: Daymar left you with 6. That tactics roll gave her the foresight to pull them over, and while she was working things out they arrived.

Quote:
Pacifica makes her stealth roll and succeeds 15 (12).
Pacifica pokes around deck 6, slowly opening compartment doors...

they succeed in their perception check by 5, before the bonus that the door gives them.

"The Door!" Someone shouts.

Quote:
She also tries to set up a noisemaker for deck 9 using the buckles of the people that died (but gets a critical failure).
Does she do that before or after visiting deck 6? and how exactly will she get the noise to where ever on the ship she is?

Quote:
Daymar orders the others in the office to raise their hands. He asks Pookivo to send two guards to pin down the officer under the desk, and to shoot him if necessary. If he can catch a glimpse of him, Daymar will attempt Suggestion.
The officer makes a break for it. Make a suggestion roll (and specify the suggestion).

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 07-06-2022, 09:49 AM   #1488
TGLS

Quote:
Hua approaches the missile section from the bow. She finds that the upper missile section has been abandoned, except for a single compartment, which has its doors shut. The compartment where the nukes for the upper deck are kept.
I assume this is the only doorway to the compartment where the nukes are kept, right? I'll go back to the guards, and tell two of them to go guard the nuclear compartment door. Then I'll go to the lower decks missile section with the remaining six guards to see if they have had more trouble down there.

If they haven't had any trouble down there I'll have two guards posted at the nuclear compartment door there and contact a control center to inform them that the missile section is secure, though the missile section personnel are missing.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:12 AM   #1489
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The officer makes a break for it. Make a suggestion roll (and specify the suggestion).
[1047] 22-07-07 16:10:41 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success

Daymar tries suggestion (success by 6, minus any range penalties, plus his high skill can absorb -1 range penalty), he'll suggest that the officer stops where he is and drops his gun.
Old 07-08-2022, 10:27 AM   #1490
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I assume this is the only doorway to the compartment where the nukes are kept, right? I'll go back to the guards, and tell two of them to go guard the nuclear compartment door. Then I'll go to the lower decks missile section with the remaining six guards to see if they have had more trouble down there.
I misspoke...There are eight doors total, two on each side... at least two sides worth have been shut. plus the hatches up and down.

Quote:
[1047] 22-07-07 16:10:41 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success

Daymar tries suggestion (success by 6, minus any range penalties, plus his high skill can absorb -1 range penalty), he'll suggest that the officer stops where he is and drops his gun.

The officer freezes and his pistol clatters to the floor. Moments later, security is right on top of her, and she surrenders.

Last edited by ericthered; 07-11-2022 at 09:01 AM.