Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #11
jabba

Default Re: extra atk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
You would get 4 shots, 2 from each gun. You could do this even without Extra Attack but then you would be taking Dual Weapon Attack penalties. As noted DWA is not cinematic with pistols. It's just prohibitively dificult for ordinary users. What you get for buying the first level of Extra Attack is the ability to make one attack with two different limbs either ranged or melee without any penalties that apply to normal humans. I think but am not quite sure that Extra Attack disposes of the off-hand penalty that normally requiores Ambidexterity or the appropriate Technique. If your pistols were ROF3 you'd get 3 shots from each of them but this is a Rapid Fire situation. One attack with a weapon greater than ROF1 gets you a number of shots equal to that ROF.

ok. i know how rof works but i wont to use my extra atks to be able to get off as many shots as possible with the least amount of penaltys. so he i have 3 atks total ( 2 extra atks) and i have a one gun with a rof 3 than i can get off 3 shots without any added penaltys other than rang, size mod, and speed of target?
and its 3 diforent targets.
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
Ulzgoroth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
I think but am not quite sure that Extra Attack disposes of the off-hand penalty that normally requiores Ambidexterity or the appropriate Technique.
I'm fairly sure that it doesn't. Also, the technique is mis-priced and deprecated in favor of the perk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba View Post
ok. i know how rof works but i wont to use my extra atks to be able to get off as many shots as possible with the least amount of penaltys. so he i have 3 atks total ( 2 extra atks) and i have a one gun with a rof 3 than i can get off 3 shots without any added penaltys other than rang, size mod, and speed of target?
The only part of that that isn't equally true if you have no Extra Attack is the bit about different targets.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:40 AM   #13
Diomedes

Quote:
For three different targets with the same weapon, you'll need the Multistrike enhancement on your Extra Attacks.
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
Fred Brackin

Quote:
No, not unless you have Multi-Strike or Enhanced Tracking. I attack equals 1 ROF's worth of shots from one weapon as per the Rapid Fire rules.

"Default" Extra Attacks have to be with other body parts or ayt least weaposn held with thsoe body parts.

Tags
extra atk, rof