Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2022, 09:53 AM   #1671
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Locking the door (DX):
3d6 <= 12
3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success

Pacifica makes it!

OOC: If it is safe, I would like her to help in locking the other door and signals the others to do so.
If you want a job done right, sometimes you have to do it yourself: Pacifica swings her level closed, locking three of her opponents in a prison of their own choosing. They are doing a lot of shouting.



As are the opponents on the other side of the hall. They yell "Go" and try to break out of their compartment to enter combat. However, the superior weight of the big crewman keeps them inside. Two more crew join the push on the door, while laser riffles are kept trained on the door.



Pacfica can go ahead and try to push the door shut: give me a ST roll.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Here are the remaining rolls:
Daymar meets with each of the men, and he thinks he brainwashes each of them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right, and they're all brainwashed (in theory). I'll let them know not to be alarmed about the outer compartments having their atmosphere vented.

Trouble at the command center? I thought we had that secured.
Trouble in the halls...


Hua gets the sense of something going on just as two hydrogen cell doors swing open and six crew armed with metal tools stream out. They seem to have at least some sense of where Hua is. They are four yards away.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 04:32 PM   #1672
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua gets the sense of something going on just as two hydrogen cell doors swing open and six crew armed with metal tools stream out. They seem to have at least some sense of where Hua is. They are four yards away.
I fire at them while falling back. 3 shots, unaimed.
Quote:
[1200] 22-11-15 23:30:16 CET
Beam Weapons
3d6 <= 13
6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... failure
The shots go wide, and probably alert them that they've been noticed. I'll fire every other second as I pull back.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:44 PM   #1673
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar meets with each of the men, and he thinks he brainwashes each of them.
While knowing there's the chance the mental surgery didn't take on some, there's a reasonable level of confidence that this section is under control, so Daymar is going to take his guards and try to get back in contact with Hua and Pacifica to find out where he is needed next.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 03:59 PM   #1674
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pacfica can go ahead and try to push the door shut: give me a ST roll.
Pacifica tells the others to help as planned. She rolls ST (10) 12.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:50 AM   #1675
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I fire at them while falling back. 3 shots, unaimed.

The shots go wide, and probably alert them that they've been noticed. I'll fire every other second as I pull back.
Was that a move and attack or just an attack? I need to know distance here.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
While knowing there's the chance the mental surgery didn't take on some, there's a reasonable level of confidence that this section is under control, so Daymar is going to take his guards and try to get back in contact with Hua and Pacifica to find out where he is needed next.
Daymar calls the command center. It seems the other two are sweeping the aft* decks for enemies, though their exact locations are unknown. should runners be sent?


*the rear of the ship


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica tells the others to help as planned. She rolls ST (10) 12.
Pacfica barks an order as she throws her weight against the door. Instants later, she feels the resistance increase, despite her team rushing to her side, the door creaks open.


a laser crackles to life, and one of the pushers is hit. The decreased resistance and injured companion seems to keep the enemy in the cell.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 12:18 PM   #1676
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Was that a move and attack or just an attack? I need to know distance here
Yeah that was just a step. Hua is about to have a bad time I guess. Next moves (would?) be move and attacks alternately.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:51 PM   #1677
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Three heavy metal tools sail through the air towards Hua, and two heavy bodies rush her position, hoping to colide with her. With her stealth field, none of them come close to hitting. Three crew are right next to her, with three crew five yards away.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 07:34 PM   #1678
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Looks like Hua got away pretty lucky.
Well let's cut down the trio in front of me while continuing to step back. I'll fire three shots at each of them (per Spraying Fire on B409)

Quote:
[1210] 22-12-02 02:25:21 CET
Beam Weapons
3d6 <= 15
1: 1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
2: 5 + 4 + 6 = 15 ... success
3: 4 + 5 + 4 = 13 ... success
That's 3 possible hits on the first, 1 on the second, and 1 on the third (recoil escalates with every target).

Quote:
[1211] 22-12-02 02:26:34 CET
First Damage
3d6
1: 4 + 4 + 4 = 12
2: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13
3: 2 + 6 + 6 = 14

sum: 39, average: 13.00

[1212] 22-12-02 02:26:42 CET
Second Damage
3d6
4 + 1 + 5 = 10


[1213] 22-12-02 02:26:49 CET
Third Damage
3d6
4 + 5 + 3 = 12
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:31 AM   #1679
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Daymar calls the command center. It seems the other two are sweeping the aft* decks for enemies, though their exact locations are unknown. should runners be sent?
Yes, Daymar will ask that some runners be sent to identify their locations, and in the mean-time move toward the commander center to get a better handle on their situation.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.