Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2021, 02:18 PM   #1
Nic

Default Independent x Persistent

So I am researching TK interactions and cannot figure out what Independent wold do.

In FAQ section its written:
"5.1.6. When enhancing Advantages (e.g. Control) with Persistent or Independent, what are the reasons for choosing either one over the other?

Control + Persistent has a duration that is indefinite. It could be days if you have enough caffeine in you. This is balanced by the fact that you have to sit there and concentrate.

Control + Independent is a flat (well, more flat than the above, hopefully you know what I mean) duration of a few minutes. This is balanced by the fact that you can walk away."

And I am simply confused as Independent wold suggest that you can keep Control over the material doing what you "programmed" it to do and that Persistent wold simply extend the duration of what you did to it, like keep pile of material in a unstable shape. It also tells that Persistent require you to concentrate to keep the ability working it it
Nic is offline   Reply With Quote