Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
Appletoe

Default How to replicate the 'second wind' ability from D&D 5e?

I've decided to try and see how many abilities from D&D 5e it's possible to replicate in GURPS, and I seem to have come across a problem translating second wind, which is a 2nd-level fighter ability. It goes like this:

'You have a limited well of stamina that you can draw on to protect yourself from harm. On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 +your fighter level. Once you use this feature, you must finish a short or long rest before you can use it again.'

Firstly, how do you heal yourself for 1 HP instantly in GURPS? I considered regeneration but it seems to work over a period of time and to get 1 HP per second is ridiculously expensive. Secondly, how do you represent the long rest needed before the ability can be used again? Is this just a straight accessibility limitation because limited use seems too extreme to me (you would have to wait a minimum of 24 hours before you can use the ability again using this limitation)?
Appletoe is offline   Reply With Quote