Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 04-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #1
Jou_c

Default Super munchkin in a combat!

Hello Dears,

We bought your game recently and habe a question concerning the super munchkin. In the details of the card it explains that if you have one class it may release you from the disadvantages of the cards.

So in the same content, I have an example for you, it's something that happened while playing and we didn't find any clear answer to what to do.

A player was a level 8, facing a 16 level undead creature and he was losing. The disadvantages are that he should loose 2 levels if he escapes and the bad stuff is that he should return to level 1.

If he has a class of cleric with a super munchkin(so he's a super cleric) does that mean that he can skip the disadvantages of the monster and if he escapes he does not lose 2 levels?

I would love it if anyone could have an answer to my question
Jou_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Super munchkin in a combat!

Disadvantages that Super is referring to are things that specifically state a given class or race. For example, an item that says "Not usable by Clerics" or a monster that says "Gains +X against Clerics".

Being a Super/Half-Breed does not protect against Bad Stuff or abilities from monsters unless they specify a class/race. If the Bad Stuff only says "Reduce your level to level 1", Super doesn't protect against it. If the Bad Stuff says "If you're a Cleric, reduce your level to level 1", then Super protects against it.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote