Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #11
PK

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy 5 Allies: Ice Weasel Errata?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson View Post
Does errata that comes to your personal attention go somewhere that errata submitted to errata@sjgames.com does not?
All errata needs to go to errata@sjgames.com, period. Submitting it to my attention does nothing except possibly obtain my opinion on it. :)

(Note to RobKamm just in case he's reading this: This doesn't apply to that stuff you sent me. That's a special case.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
Heh, I never noticed the Ice Weasel before. I wonder if it's a sign that PK uses Debian.
Close -- Kubuntu, actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Huh... I had forgotten all about the Black Ops weasels.
Yup, that's where I got it from. Nothing like a hot ice weasel to brighten up your day.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
Kazander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
In the meantime, I'd suggest adding Quadruped [-35], bumping Speed to 7.00 [+20], and adding Combat Reflexes [15]. That should balance it.
That doesn't quite work. Ice Weasel in DF5 has Speed 6 [-5], so bumping it to Speed 7 is actually +25 net, making the overall cost 5 points too high. You could make it 6.75, but that's of limited utility. There's probably a better way to tweak the template.
Kazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #13
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazander View Post
That doesn't quite work. Ice Weasel in DF5 has Speed 6 [-5], so bumping it to Speed 7 is actually +25 net, making the overall cost 5 points too high.
That's not accurate. The weasel currently has Speed 6.00 [-5]. I suggest giving it Speed 7.00 [15]. The difference between those two is exactly 20 points.

Old 02-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #14
Kazander

My bad; sorry. I didn't take into account that it starts with 6.25 [0]. Even after looking at it 3 times to make sure I was right, and wouldn't look like an idiot......that didn't work out so well. :-(
Kazander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Does errata that comes to your personal attention go somewhere that errata submitted to errata@sjgames.com does not?
Quote:
All errata needs to go to errata@sjgames.com, period. Submitting it to my attention does nothing except possibly obtain my opinion on it. :)
I know you weren't addressing this to me specifically, but just to clarify in my first post in this thread I wrote I sent it to errata first and they told me to post it here.

But in any case, right after I saw your reply I sent a link to it to Errata Coordinator at errata@sjgames.com.

Sometimes I do like l'm told. :-D
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #16
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Well, I've been re-submitting the same Kromm-endorsed errata discovered in 2009 to errata@sjgames.com every few months, and there has been no acknowledgment, and the errata page for the book in question has not been updated accordingly, though other errata from somewhere has been added at least once during that time.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #17
PK

Quote:
Well, I've been re-submitting the same Kromm-endorsed errata discovered in 2009 to errata@sjgames.com every few months, and there has been no acknowledgment, and the errata page for the book in question has not been updated accordingly, though other errata from somewhere has been added at least once during that time.
Sorry. I didn't say it was a perfect process. We're working on improving it.

Old 02-23-2011, 03:47 PM   #18
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Brett, who's currently playtesting GURPS Social Engineering with me, has run into the same problem we have. Brett wrote in regard to GURPS Space and a program for it he was working on, "I was waiting for Steve Jackson Games to address the errata involving tides and rotation before settling a definitive version, and then I lost enthusiasm when they didn't." http://wabcag.wikidot.com/gurps-ss-generator
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, animals, dungeon fantasy, dungeon fantasy templates, errata, familiars, gurps 4th edition