Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Alden Loveshade

Default Dungeon Fantasy 5 Allies: Ice Weasel Errata?

I sent this to SJGames as errata, but got the suggestion to post it here for comments.

This is for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 5 Allies, 1st Ed. 1st Printing on pages 20, 26

On Page 20, Chapter Three/Familiars/Familiarizing Oneself/The Familiar/Sentence One says "Each familiar is an Ally built on 62 points."

Unless I'm making a mistake (which is entirely possible), this doesn't work for Ice Weasel on page 26. I got the point total for Ice Weasel at 62 points but it looks like it should be 32 points. DX gets a -40% discount for No Fine Manipulators, but No Fine Manipulators is not listed, which would be a -30 point Disadvantage. Essentially, the Ice Weasel is getting a discount for having a Disadvantage it doesn't have.

Suggestions for how this should be fixed?

And if I'm wrong here, please let me know!
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy 5 Allies: Ice Weasel Errata?

Apparently NFM-40% is the same as "Lower Body" only. I'm not sure how this applies to Ice Weasels though.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #3
Alden Loveshade

Just realized I probably should have posted this in Errata. Oops. If someone wants to move this for me, go for it.

ADDITION: Ah, it looks like GURPS Errata (above this thread) is for Errata that is declared to be so, so maybe I posted this in the right place after all. Either I was right to do this, or I'm making a double oops. Both are possible.

Last edited by Alden Loveshade; 02-17-2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 02-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_Loveshade View Post
Just realized I probably should have posted this in Errata. Oops. If someone wants to move this for me, go for it.
There's an Errata subforum?
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #5
PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_Loveshade View Post
DX gets a -40% discount for No Fine Manipulators, but No Fine Manipulators is not listed, which would be a -30 point Disadvantage.
Actually, the Ice Weasel is supposed to have the Quadruped meta-trait, which includes NFM. That's definitely errata. Ah well.

Thanks for submitting it. In the meantime, I'd suggest adding Quadruped [-35], bumping Speed to 7.00 [+20], and adding Combat Reflexes [15]. That should balance it.

(And no, there's no errata subforum.)

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
Alden Loveshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post
Actually, the Ice Weasel is supposed to have the Quadruped meta-trait, which includes NFM. That's definitely errata. Ah well.

Thanks for submitting it. In the meantime, I'd suggest adding Quadruped [-35], bumping Speed to 7.00 [+20], and adding Combat Reflexes [15]. That should balance it.

Cool, and glad to help. I just might go for that ice weasel familiar....

By the way, I hate to sound like a fan boy, but I've found the book very useful. I wasn't terribly enthused about the whole GURPS Dungeon Fantasy concept--I had the attitude of "Hah! I outgrew that stuff years ago." But some of it's proved quite useful even to a "serious" roleplayer like me. I'm more interested in "how does an orc society function" than I am in killing orcs, but every now and then a little hack 'n' slash doesn't hurt. Well, it doesn't hurt if I kill them and not the other way round.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
Hai-Etlik

Heh, I never noticed the Ice Weasel before. I wonder if it's a sign that PK uses Debian.
Hai-Etlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai-Etlik View Post
Heh, I never noticed the Ice Weasel before. I wonder if it's a sign that PK uses Debian.
Or that the Debian maintainer(s) are GURPS BLACK OPS fans.

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:45 AM   #9
jeff_wilson
Computer Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Pee Kitty View Post

Does errata that comes to your personal attention go somewhere that errata submitted to errata@sjgames.com does not?

The Campaigns of William Stoddard
jeff_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 08:05 AM   #10
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_wilson
Or that the Debian maintainer(s) are GURPS BLACK OPS fans.
Huh... I had forgotten all about the Black Ops weasels. They would certainly make potent DF allies.

Maybe a little too potent.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, animals, dungeon fantasy, dungeon fantasy templates, errata, familiars, gurps 4th edition