Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2022, 01:20 PM   #1681
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Two of the assailants go down. The third remains standing, and tries to grab Hua, but fails. The three in the back have put weapons (various heavy metal objects) in their hands and are moving towards you (three yards away)
Guess I'll start running now. Depending whether I'm at No or light encumbrance, I get 7 or 4 yards away.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 07:25 PM   #1682
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar moves to the aft (rear) command center. Runners are sent out to contact the others (this will happen as soon as they are out of combat time). The situation looks pretty good:
  • The work stations of all sections have been captured.
  • The shield and transport living quarters have been captured, as has security and officers.
  • Most officers have been accounted for, as has most security.
  • Two attempts at nuking the ship have been foiled, and all warheads are secured
  • About 50% of the crew is still in their quarters.
  • A number of crew are running loose in the ship, though they seem to be staying away from secured areas.
Until the runners come back, Daymar is going to focus on trying to track down officers not accounted for. Do we have an estimate of numbers?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 01:43 PM   #1683
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Guess I'll start running now. Depending whether I'm at No or light encumbrance, I get 7 or 4 yards away.
I think she's at light encumbrance, so that's 7 yards.


Having critically failed their PER roll to notice her leave, the men viciously attack where she used to be, while she expands the distance between herself and her melee-limited opponents.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Until the runners come back, Daymar is going to focus on trying to track down officers not accounted for. Do we have an estimate of numbers?
Officers are easily marked, and well known. Most were killed or captured in the big battle. Others have fallen one by one as sections were captured. Only one is left: commander Choju, in charge of the transportation section. Choju was in the battle, but escaped when the tide turned.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 03:10 PM   #1684
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
A laser crackles to life, and one of the pushers is hit. The decreased resistance and injured companion seems to keep the enemy in the cell
If they are done for, Pacifica will lock the door and have them die by suffocation.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2022, 07:29 PM   #1685
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think she's at light encumbrance, so that's 7 yards.
Yeah, I think it's No Encumbrance to (Vest, Helmet, Pistol, ~13 lb?)

--

Well, let's go for another spray against them. If I can get all four in a 30 degree arc, let's go for all four (2 shots each)
Quote:
[1219] 22-12-07 02:27:59 CET
Blasting four of them (-3 to shoot)
3d6 <= 12
1: 5 + 5 + 6 = 16 ... failure
2: 2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... success
3: 4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
4: 3 + 5 + 2 = 10 ... success
So 2-4 get one possible hit each:

Quote:
[1220] 22-12-07 02:29:13 CET
Damage Rolls
3d6
1: 1 + 6 + 4 = 11
2: 6 + 4 + 6 = 16
3: 6 + 4 + 3 = 13
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #1686
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If they are done for, Pacifica will lock the door and have them die by suffocation.
succeed at a DX roll and its done.


If you fail, roll ST again. If you succeed, what's next?


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, let's go for another spray against them. If I can get all four in a 30 degree arc, let's go for all four (2 shots each)

So 2-4 get one possible hit each:
By some miracle of the dice, all are hit, all fall down, all are still conscious. The one guy left standing looses heart and runs back down the corridor.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 12:29 PM   #1687
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
By some miracle of the dice, all are hit, all fall down, all are still conscious. The one guy left standing looses heart and runs back down the corridor.
I walk over and knock any weapons nearby away. Then I tell them to surrender.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 04:35 AM   #1688
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Officers are easily marked, and well known. Most were killed or captured in the big battle. Others have fallen one by one as sections were captured. Only one is left: commander Choju, in charge of the transportation section. Choju was in the battle, but escaped when the tide turned.
Well, then looking for Choju seems a priority. Daymar will direct the security forces to be on the lookout for Choju, preferably capturing him alive. In the interim, he will also instruct that any prisoners be brought to him for conversion.

OOC: Do we know what happened to the captain?
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #1689
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Dexterity: 3d6 <= 12: 1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success.
Quote:
If you succeed, what's next?
Pacifica succeeds at locking the door. She makes sure all enemies fall unconscious. Then she lets the people in the first room die, and has the others faint from the lack of oxygen.

As this happens, she consults her team. She asks them if they believe the shooting could have been heard from afar, and from how far. She also asks them if they were trained at interrogation; she would like to acquire information from the enemy (if there is time).


OOC: I would like to hear from you before starting the interrogation or taking other actions.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 10:09 AM   #1690
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I walk over and knock any weapons nearby away. Then I tell them to surrender.
Bleeding and down on the floor, they surrender.


Shortly afterwards, a runner reaches Hua, saying Daymar wants to get in touch.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Well, then looking for Choju seems a priority. Daymar will direct the security forces to be on the lookout for Choju, preferably capturing him alive. In the interim, he will also instruct that any prisoners be brought to him for conversion.

OOC: Do we know what happened to the captain?
Hua shot the captain as the big battle was winding down, back in real life june.



Ok, Daymar certainly has lots of people to convert... but I'll have to go back and tally up what sections are not converted... I may have to make a chart to keep track of it all.



Daymar's runners have made contact with the other dreadstormers...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Dexterity: 3d6 <= 12: 1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success.

Pacifica succeeds at locking the door. She makes sure all enemies fall unconscious. Then she lets the people in the first room die, and has the others faint from the lack of oxygen.

As this happens, she consults her team. She asks them if they believe the shooting could have been heard from afar, and from how far. She also asks them if they were trained at interrogation; she would like to acquire information from the enemy (if there is time).
Her team thinks that the shooting could be heard one compartment away. They were not trained in interrogation at all.



You can hear yells of surrender coming from the second compartment. from the first compartment, you think you hear a drilling sound.


A runner reaches Pacifica with a message from Daymar, saying he wants to get in touch.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.