Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #1601
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
You don't have any tools to open the doors unless you gather some. As you are in life support, that's easy. Do you have a skill to open a blocked hatch? Forced Entry, lockpicking, or so on?
Forced Entry (12) 6.
(Note: I had a couple of typos in the dice roller).

Pacifica asks 2 additional men to join her squad (she wants at least 5 crewmen + her).

Quote:
What guys? everyone in both the life support section and the forward command center are dread-stormer aligned.
OOC: I am suggesting sweeping motive because you mentioned this:
Quote:
(...) And the current officer of Motive is on your side but you have not made contact with him. (...) Shields and Lasers are unlikely to stand up to Zybo. Who knows what Jivithi at motive will do: he's trying to help the dreadstormers but doesn't know what's going on. (...)
Is not it a good idea getting to these guys to help calm the situation down?
Old 10-07-2022, 01:19 PM   #1602
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yeah, the vehicle deck gives access to deck 2 on the other side.

If you want to sweep deck 2 that will involve taking the shield section, both working area and quarters.
OK, before we take the shields section, I'll try to slip into their quarters to see how aware and ready they are. Their working areas are... Near the magnets on the fringe?

Quote:
[1150] 22-10-07 21:18:38 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 4 + 3 = 11 ... success
[1149] 22-10-07 21:18:24 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 2 = 10 ... success
[1148] 22-10-07 21:18:06 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:41 AM   #1603
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Forced Entry (12) 6.
(Note: I had a couple of typos in the dice roller).
Pacifica asks 2 additional men to join her squad (she wants at least 5 crewmen + her).
Pacifica and her five break open a door on the lower decks. She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them. What will they do next?

Quote:
Is not it a good idea getting to these guys to help calm the situation down?
Its a great idea, but you need to reach them before you talk to them. You can't just call them up unless you are in a control center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK, before we take the shields section, I'll try to slip into their quarters to see how aware and ready they are. Their working areas are... Near the magnets on the fringe?
The working areas are a combination of the fringe of deck 2, but especially deck 1, which is where they keep all of their shield-specific supplies.

As Hua approaches the compartment of the shield quarters (technically on deck 3), she sees that the door is cracked and someone is watching through it... which will make it hard to enter. Checking a second door reveals its in a similar state.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:48 PM   #1604
TGLS

Quote:
The working areas are a combination of the fringe of deck 2, but especially deck 1, which is where they keep all of their shield-specific supplies.
And here I though deck 1 was exterior, missing any compartment lines. Anyway

Quote:
As Hua approaches the compartment of the shield quarters (technically on deck 3), she sees that the door is cracked and someone is watching through it... which will make it hard to enter. Checking a second door reveals its in a similar state.
Quote:
[1151] 22-10-10 22:35:17 CEST
IQ
3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 5 = 7 ... success
I thank myself for [retroactively] remembering to tell my guards to charge towards the quarters once they hear shooting.

Then I'll aim through the gap in the door the shields crew are looking through, and fire away [10 shots (+2), max aim (6+2), showing margin as I don't know the gap size]
Quote:
[1152] 22-10-10 22:43:26 CEST
Shooting through the gap: Beam Weapons
-3d6 +25
- 4 - 4 - 4 + 25 = 13
OK, assuming the target behind the gap's 5 cm (2 inches) or smaller, that's no more than five hits
Quote:
[1153] 22-10-10 22:47:44 CEST
Damage rolls
3d6
1: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8
2: 5 + 1 + 3 = 9
3: 4 + 4 + 2 = 10
4: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18
5: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12
Old 10-10-2022, 07:57 PM   #1605
Hide

Quote:
Pacifica and her five break open a door on the lower decks. She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them. What will they do next?
Considering what Daymar told me about the guys, and that I got the equipment to deal with the locks, what would be the smarter option?

Quote:
Its a great idea, but you need to reach them before you talk to them. You can't just call them up unless you are in a control center.
Am I missing something? The idea is walking to their place (Daymar & company would do it, we aren't using the comms because it seemed like a bad idea).
Old 10-11-2022, 04:57 AM   #1606
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Am I missing something? The idea is walking to their place (Daymar & company would do it, we aren't using the comms because it seemed like a bad idea).
Daymar is able to walk wherever to communicate with whatever of our forces you need him to.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #1607
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
And here I though deck 1 was exterior, missing any compartment lines. Anyway
The magnet lines fulfill the purpose of compartments: you can't cross them.

Quote:
Then I'll aim through the gap in the door the shields crew are looking through, and fire away [10 shots (+2), max aim (6+2), showing margin as I don't know the gap size]

The sound of laser fire fills the compartment. The man falls back and the door swings slightly open. Hua hears shouting. The people aren't armed. Hua's allies start heading towards the door.

Quote:
Considering what Daymar told me about the guys, and that I got the equipment to deal with the locks, what would be the smarter option?
I don't have any suggestions here. That's a player choice.

Quote:
Mostly just that you asked to do something without getting into position to do it. It was confusing, because it seemed to me that you thought the people to be talked to were present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is able to walk wherever to communicate with whatever of our forces you need him to.
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do. The two options I've heard are:
  1. Go with Zybo to the command center and help him get all the ship's loyalists into a small, confined area.
  2. Go to the fusion drive, coordinate with the remaining dreadstormer officer, and capture it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 10:29 AM   #1608
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do. The two options I've heard are:
  1. Go with Zybo to the command center and help him get all the ship's loyalists into a small, confined area.
  2. Go to the fusion drive, coordinate with the remaining dreadstormer officer, and capture it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Guys, let me know where Daymar should direct his efforts and he will do so. Generally speaking I think converting un-converted people is the priority, but we're in a pretty good position at the moment so either of the above options are fine.
Old 10-11-2022, 11:01 AM   #1609
Hide

10-11-2022
Quote:
I'm unsure what your allies are asking you to do.
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one.
🤔 the idea was going to motive and get the remaining officers to coordinate further actions.

10-05-2022
Quote:
(...)OK, so it would be advisable to have Daymar and Zybo go to Motive? Gnomes, what do you think?(...)
10-06-2022
Quote:
Sure, sounds fine.
10-07-2022
Quote:
Great, since Pacifica is not taking Zybo with her, you may get there with him and work the officers that still need to be subverted(...)
Other actions (changing topic):
Quote:
She can now undo a lot of locks if they're willing to walk around and undo all of them.
Quote:
I don't have any suggestions here. That's a player choice.
How long would this walk be?
Can the doors be easily unlocked without breaking them?
Old 10-11-2022, 04:32 PM   #1610
TGLS

Quote:
The magnet lines fulfill the purpose of compartments: you can't cross them.
I see. I suppose they're kind of boxed off to some degree with the air evacuated from beneath them.

Quote:
The sound of laser fire fills the compartment. The man falls back and the door swings slightly open. Hua hears shouting. The people aren't armed. Hua's allies start heading towards the door.
Can I tell if the man was injured at all?

I yell at the crew still inside the quarters. "Surrender! Or end up like your friend!"

Quote:
[1154] 22-10-12 00:30:17 CEST
Intimidation Default (+1 from Callous?)
3d6 <= 11
5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
Probably too tight.