Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #281
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Finding out which of 2,000 military personnel stole some drugs is a difficult task, and an active war moves it down the totem pole somewhat... though there was (and is) a reaction, its just not to immediately search 2000 lockers.
I'm mainly concerned that if they narrow things down to the section there might be greater scrutiny on my activities (i.e. if Botha gets a drug test, there might be an investigation into the supplements, etc.) On the other hand I think I might do it all the same given the "slip Botha a mickey" plot.

Quote:
Make an IQ roll to see if you had that thought in advance and I'll let you do it. We're playing awesome action heroes here, and that's a cool idea.
OK. I'll make an IQ roll to take two pills (one to drug her so she's distracted, the other to drug her at a time of my choosing so attention could be drawn to her).
Quote:
[171] 20-11-10 05:38:55 CET
IQ
3d6 <= 14 : 4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success
Cool, onto holding it out along with the filler:
Quote:
[172] 20-11-10 05:48:34 CET
Holdout - 2
3d6 <= 15 : 6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success
Slipping it into Botha's drink:
Quote:
[173] 20-11-10 05:50:52 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14 : 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... failure success
And stealth into (over to?) the door to the mess kitchen:
Quote:
[174] 20-11-10 05:52:38 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 1 + 2 + 5 = 8 ... success
And the door's open? What to roll next? Cooking?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 06:09 AM   #282
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
If Day can lift a uniform from the laundry, that would be ideal.

Scrounging for improvised Disguise kit

Stealth to get into the laundry unobserved

Filch to dose Pothi's food

Disguise

Let me know if what I've done is okay, and then I'll proceed with the Mental Surgery rolls.
Daymar uses some industrial oils to mess with the color of his skin ... but it doesn't turn out that good: he looks weirdly messy and off. But maybe it will help him not be identified, even if he looks weird.

The laundry is a ways away (on deck 12 in fact), but you had three days to grab it. There is no way you can sneak in, the place is stuffed to the gills ... but it makes it an easy place to "accidently" grab the wrong uniform. We can turn stealth into filch if you like.

Pothi is sent to the bathroom by your clever trick, and he'll stay there for a while. Your trip shouldn't take long at all.

The name on the uniform is "Zukyvo" Hopefully you won't need to use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'm mainly concerned that if they narrow things down to the section there might be greater scrutiny on my activities (i.e. if Botha gets a drug test, there might be an investigation into the supplements, etc.) On the other hand I think I might do it all the same given the "slip Botha a mickey" plot.

OK. I'll make an IQ roll to take two pills (one to drug her so she's distracted, the other to drug her at a time of my choosing so attention could be drawn to her).

Cool, onto holding it out along with the filler:

Slipping it into Botha's drink:

And stealth into (over to?) the door to the mess kitchen:

And the door's open? What to roll next? Cooking?
There are two doors, one from the outer hall, and one from the mess hall. You sneak out and around through the outer hall and into the kitchen. And yes, now you need to cooking to get that filler solid and in the right shape.

Preparing the filler is easy, it takes less than 10 minutes. But rolling out the pills will need to be done by hand, and that could take a while. You can take a penalty to the DX roll to speed this up. without a penalty it will take 30 minutes to roll everything out. Each -1 to a Cooking-based DX roll will reduce the time by 5 minutes or by 25%, whichever is less. Someone will likely check in on the kitchen randomly sometime in the next hour.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #283
TGLS

Quote:
Preparing the filler is easy, it takes less than 10 minutes. But rolling out the pills will need to be done by hand, and that could take a while. You can take a penalty to the DX roll to speed this up. without a penalty it will take 30 minutes to roll everything out. Each -1 to a Cooking-based DX roll will reduce the time by 5 minutes or by 25%, whichever is less. Someone will likely check in on the kitchen randomly sometime in the next hour.
Let's get close to half an hour (i.e. -1 penalty)

Quote:
[175] 20-11-10 15:51:08 CET
Cooking - 1
3d6 <= 12 : 6 + 3 + 4 = 13 ... failure
Well I guess that wastes more than five minutes.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:19 PM   #284
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Hua rolls out the pills quickly (25 minutes), and leaves the kitchen about 25 minutes in, wondering how much time she really had. At about 17 minutes after she leaves, a cook gets up and checks on the kitchen.

EDIT: High DX changed the effect of the roll, and the post has been changed to match

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 11-11-2020 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #285
TGLS

Slip into the bunk room and hide them in my bed again.
Quote:
[176] 20-11-10 22:29:25 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
Quote:
[177] 20-11-10 22:31:03 CET
Camouflage - 2
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 2 + 1 = 5 ... success
Old 11-10-2020, 02:54 PM   #286
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar uses some industrial oils to mess with the color of his skin ... but it doesn't turn out that good: he looks weirdly messy and off. But maybe it will help him not be identified, even if he looks weird.

The laundry is a ways away (on deck 12 in fact), but you had three days to grab it. There is no way you can sneak in, the place is stuffed to the gills ... but it makes it an easy place to "accidently" grab the wrong uniform. We can turn stealth into filch if you like.

Pothi is sent to the bathroom by your clever trick, and he'll stay there for a while. Your trip shouldn't take long at all.

The name on the uniform is "Zukyvo" Hopefully you won't need to use it
I'm fine with switching the Stealth roll to Filch.

Okay, with his crude disguise, Daymar now tries to set some more 'time bombs'. Making his way through the crowd, he'll try to get skin contact with six people, then get out of there and clean himself off and get into his own uniform before Pothi notices.

To keep this simple, he is going to try to give Extreme Fanaticism (Fifth Spinward Republic) to each.

[178] 20-11-10 22:48:55 CET

Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 15
1: 3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success
2: 5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
3: 6 + 4 + 6 = 16 ... failure
4: 5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... success
5: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
6: 4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success

[179] 20-11-10 22:52:40 CET

Luck to reroll failed Mental Surgery

3d6 <= 15
1: 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
2: 1 + 6 + 3 = 10 ... success

Daymar has one failure, which I'm using Luck to reroll (I haven't used it in ~70 posts), and one slim success.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:13 AM   #287
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Slip into the bunk room and hide them in my bed again.
What the plan for replacing the pills?
Quote:
Okay, with his crude disguise, Daymar now tries to set some more 'time bombs'. Making his way through the crowd, he'll try to get skin contact with six people, then get out of there and clean himself off and get into his own uniform before Pothi notices.

To keep this simple, he is going to try to give Extreme Fanaticism (Fifth Spinward Republic) to each.
Daymar makes his way through the crowded halls around the establishments, hitting six men with the extreme fanatism. He gets not one but two members of security (though they are enlisted, not officers). He does think he got an officer though.

He's heading out when a pair of armed security personnel (not the off-duty ones he hit) confront him "hey, Zukyvo, where is your buddy?"

Old 11-11-2020, 09:25 AM   #288
TGLS

Quote:
What the plan for replacing the pills?
Slip in on the mess staff's next break period after I sort the pills at night. Probably can be done swiftly enough to avoid needing to drug Botha again.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:27 AM   #289
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar makes his way through the crowded halls around the establishments, hitting six men with the extreme fanatism. He gets not one but two members of security (though they are enlisted, not officers). He does think he got an officer though.

He's heading out when a pair of armed security personnel (not the off-duty ones he hit) confront him "hey, Zukyvo, where is your buddy?"
Daymar will try to Fast-Talk his way out of this, "He just got called in for an emergency, I was in the head, I'm going to join him now."

[180] 20-11-11 17:26:15 CET

Fast-Talk

3d6 <= 14
1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success - Nice, critical success!
Old 11-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #290
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Slip in on the mess staff's next break period after I sort the pills at night. Probably can be done swiftly enough to avoid needing to drug Botha again.
That will work. We'll play it after the meeting.

Botha is still high, and a little loopy. Some of your section mates are looking at her funny. It probably won't wear off all the way by the time you need to meet up with Daymar.

Quote:
Daymar will try to Fast-Talk his way out of this, "He just got called in for an emergency, I was in the head, I'm going to join him now."
Daymar lists the name of the emergency... a weird sort of power fluctuation he knows about, and then asks the Guard a pointed technical question. The guard can't answer it, of course and Daymar emphasizes the need for his particular technical skills. He gives the guard the name of his supposed commanding officer, and then leaves. The guard watches him go, seemingly knowing something is up, but unable to articulate a reason to stop Daymar from going to handle the power fluctuation.

I believe the meeting comes next.