Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-15-2022, 08:37 AM   #1271
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
You know, this is one of the few times when a typo is ambiguous (bumbles or bumps).

Well I'm still standing too. I'll grab at them to attempt to daze.
Hua makes contact, and dazes her target. Security was waiting two minutes before following her in, and there is a dazed crew member in the section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: OK, Pacifica should be firing a gun (because that's the weapon she can handle). She will be shooting as many shots as the gun allows w/o recoil (I have not restored my books yet, but I believe there's no rec). No second tries here (IC of course LOL, if I need luck I may use it).
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
There's never no recoil. Laser weapons generally have Rcl 1. If this is the TL10 laser pistol from the Basic Set, it has RoF 10 and Rcl 1, so you'll get one additional shot hit for each margin of success you have.
In gurps recoil only effects the number of hits when you shoot more than once. Pacifica intentionally sought out a kinetic pistol, because that what's she's best at shooting. Of the burst of three shots, two of them hit. The second hit does 9 damage. The officer crumples under fire.

Quote:
Okay, "Nijothu" is going to start going through the command center, he tries to calm people down, "All right people, we want the same thing as you, to get you back to work, so please just cooperate and soon everything will be back to normal."

He will then work his way through the section, using Mental Surgery on each person. He intends to make two passes, as with the security force.

Luck reroll for Mental Surgery critical failure

Okay, from the first 60 rolls he got one critical failure (rerolled with Luck), zero regular failures, and seven critical successes. At a guess, it probably worked on about 50 of the crew. He is then going to take five minutes to rest, and do it again.

He will try to do it in the same order, and I've mapped out the relative success for each roll for my own benefit to get a sense of how likely it was to take. 13, 22, 24, 29, 32, 34, 37, 48 are the ones I'm a bit concerned about, since they had margins of less than +6 on both rolls.
Talk about crit fishing... With the room surrounded by security and surrendered, Daymar is able to go back and forth running mind surgery on everybody. He thinks he got them all.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 09:27 AM   #1272
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua makes contact, and dazes her target. Security was waiting two minutes before following her in, and there is a dazed crew member in the section.
I'll draw my pistol and keep it trained on the dazed fellow. Hopefully he stays dazed for the next two minutes. If he seems to come out of it, or someone comes to wake him, I'll fire on him.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 10:31 AM   #1273
GnomesofZurich

Quote:

Talk about crit fishing... With the room surrounded by security and surrendered, Daymar is able to go back and forth running mind surgery on everybody. He thinks he got them all.
Daymar is going to consult with Sergeant Pookivo, "Sergeant, I believe everyone in the command center is now with us. It's possible it didn't 'take' with everyone, so it would be good to keep some additional security here to keep an eye on things. I would like to try to get to in touch with the other groups to find where to focus our attention next."

Is there a way to radio to Hua or Pacifica, or does someone need to go find them in person?
Old 03-15-2022, 11:45 AM   #1274
TGLS

Quote:
Is there a way to radio to Hua or Pacifica, or does someone need to go find them in person?
I don't think so. There weren't any walkie-talkies. I suppose you could try contacting Pacifica's command center or one of the life support areas, but that could be reckless unless you think sufficient time has passed.
Old 03-15-2022, 02:30 PM   #1275
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I don't think so. There weren't any walkie-talkies. I suppose you could try contacting Pacifica's command center or one of the life support areas, but that could be reckless unless you think sufficient time has passed.
Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking - contacting the other command centre before it's taken might raise alarm bells, I don't have a good handle of how much time has passed for Daymar versus for Hua and Pacifica, and honestly haven't been paying attention to what's been going on for the others.
Old 03-16-2022, 08:59 AM   #1276
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll draw my pistol and keep it trained on the dazed fellow. Hopefully he stays dazed for the next two minutes. If he seems to come out of it, or someone comes to wake him, I'll fire on him.

Hua is still pointing a gun at the man when a second member of the crew comes around to wake him:

"Hey! Kutu! stop standing around slack jawed like you stepped on a pooki-pooki!"

Quote:
Daymar is going to consult with Sergeant Pookivo, "Sergeant, I believe everyone in the command center is now with us. It's possible it didn't 'take' with everyone, so it would be good to keep some additional security here to keep an eye on things. I would like to try to get to in touch with the other groups to find where to focus our attention next."
"I'll keep an eye on things. We can stay here to maintain control."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #1277
TGLS

Quote:
Hua is still pointing a gun at the man when a second member of the crew comes around to wake him:

"Hey! Kutu! stop standing around slack jawed like you stepped on a pooki-pooki!"
I'll shoot that second crewman and hope security gets the idea to roll in.
Quote:
[865] 22-03-16 16:44:38 CET
Beam Weapons (Pistol)
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 2 = 9 ... success
Looks like he's hit (I doubt he'll dodge, with me being invisible and all). I'll shout out, "Everyone! On the ground or I'll keep firing!" and then shoot at anyone who hasn't fallen to the ground within a second of that.
Old 03-16-2022, 02:56 PM   #1278
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"I'll keep an eye on things. We can stay here to maintain control."
"Okay, I'd like to take three security with me, I'm going to go try to check in with the other teams."

Daymar is going to take three of the security force (so that he has a 'buddy', and then another pair), and head in the direction of Hua's team.
Old 03-17-2022, 08:00 AM   #1279
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I'll shoot that second crewman and hope security gets the idea to roll in.

Looks like he's hit (I doubt he'll dodge, with me being invisible and all). I'll shout out, "Everyone! On the ground or I'll keep firing!" and then shoot at anyone who hasn't fallen to the ground within a second of that.
How many shots, and please roll damage.

Also, does Lieutenant Vibibu or the security left behind know that you are assaulting the "control center" at the fore of the ship?

Quote:
"Okay, I'd like to take three security with me, I'm going to go try to check in with the other teams."

Daymar is going to take three of the security force (so that he has a 'buddy', and then another pair), and head in the direction of Hua's team.
Daymar quickly finds Lieutenant Vibibu, one of the compromised officers, who says a great deal of his section has been captured, and that Hua is working her way towards the bow of the ship.

Old 03-17-2022, 10:33 AM   #1280
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar quickly finds Lieutenant Vibibu, one of the compromised officers, who says a great deal of his section has been captured, and that Hua is working her way towards the bow of the ship.
Daymar asks, "Are portions of your crew imprisoned or held under guard? I'd like to bring the prisoners over to our side."