Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 07-27-2022, 03:23 PM   #1521
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The guards grab them one by one. After the second is converted, he immediately walks over to the terminal without needing any prompting, and starts flipping switches... and yelling for people to take specific actions on physical parts of the reactor. like turning some levers off and others on.
Daymar continues on with the others who may be able to help, and will then turn his attention to the others (how many are there?).
Old 07-28-2022, 02:51 AM   #1522
Hide

Quote:
(...)Zybo: "Wait, you think Tutuna is working with them? How sure are you? This is really bad."
Yes.

If this ship is prevented from going to war, the cause is lost.
The enemy wants to stop the Nightfall at all costs, we must protect it.

The Dreadstormers can synthetize an "obedience" drug from the psi suppressants, its effects are activated with psi and its influence lasts about 24-48 hours depending on the concentration, if you stop the intake; I just learned this from Botha, who couldn’t confess earlier because of the drugs.

They drugged Botha and using her position in transportation they distributed the drug after the fire. Vinobi noticed an unusual behavior from certain officers, following patterns like Botha's.

Vinobi was about to confirm this when this attack took place.

We can conclude that the death of the captain was planned. With his final orders being "to destroy the ship", the lack of a leader would make the higher officers fight among them, especially if somebody went against his "final orders". He died to make the Dreadstormers succeed in destroying the Nightfall.

Let’s be careful.

Quote:
The others seem to be names you just made up
OOC: Hahaha, I was worried when I read this, because when I searched for their names I did not find them, LOL... here they are.
Old 07-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #1523
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So that'd be, what, 2 or 3 people per hallway? Hopefully not too many shots wasted on the walls.

OK, I'll start hosing down the hallways with a continuous burst of laser fire from my pistol.

About as accurate as you can expect I guess.
lots of people get mere surface burns: a couple are seriously hit. Everyone starts hitting the deck, and security comes in. You hear a muffled shout from one of the compartments. You know which compartment it is because half of the prisoners look that way.

"'op 'ere or I 'ow 'er up"

Or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar continues on with the others who may be able to help, and will then turn his attention to the others (how many are there?).
The eight are all sent doing various tasks to get things going again.

there are 30 more prisoners in this section to convert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Yes.

If this ship is prevented from going to war, the cause is lost.
The enemy wants to stop the Nightfall at all costs, we must protect it.

The Dreadstormers can synthetize an "obedience" drug from the psi suppressants, its effects are activated with psi and its influence lasts about 24-48 hours depending on the concentration, if you stop the intake; I just learned this from Botha, who couldn’t confess earlier because of the drugs.

They drugged Botha and using her position in transportation they distributed the drug after the fire. Vinobi noticed an unusual behavior from certain officers, following patterns like Botha's.

Vinobi was about to confirm this when this attack took place.

We can conclude that the death of the captain was planned. With his final orders being "to destroy the ship", the lack of a leader would make the higher officers fight among them, especially if somebody went against his "final orders". He died to make the Dreadstormers succeed in destroying the Nightfall.

Let’s be careful.
Vinobi nods: "I'll take care of this. Got any handcuffs?"
Zybo nods: "I'll take care of this. Got any handcuffs?"

Quote:
OOC: Hahaha, I was worried when I read this, because when I searched for their names I did not find them, LOL... here they are.
There they are: those names looked very authentic to get without the generator. I searched for them too: I wonder why the search function doesn't find them?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 08-01-2022 at 02:20 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 02:18 PM   #1524
TGLS

Quote:
lots of people get mere surface burns: a couple are seriously hit. Everyone starts hitting the deck, and security comes in. You hear a muffled shout from one of the compartments. You know which compartment it is because half of the prisoners look that way.

"'op 'ere or I 'ow 'er up"
Well, I'm not one to listen to threats, but "'ow 'er up" is probably "blow her up", or at least it's too probable to ignore. I'll whisper to the nearest guard to stall whoever's in the compartment with prolonged negotiations (lots of "whatting" is best). I'll grab one of the two crewman at the doors tools (provided it it's long enough), and circle over the exterior end of the compartment the voice came from. Then I'll try to pry the door open there. If the tools aren't long enough then I guess I'll have look for a bar along the way.

Stealth to leave the compartment quietly, lockpicking to open the door.
Quote:
[1089] 22-07-28 22:15:58 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 14
2 + 1 + 3 = 6 ... success

[1088] 22-07-28 22:15:08 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
4 + 6 + 6 = 16 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 04:40 AM   #1525
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
The eight are all sent doing various tasks to get things going again.

there are 30 more prisoners in this section to convert.
Daymar is first going to try to verify that the eight are indeed trying to get things back on track.

[1090] 22-07-29 12:37:17 CEST

Engineer (Starship) (or Reactor at default?)

3d6
1 + 5 + 5 = 11 - this is a success by 2 from Starship or a failure by 2 from Reactor at default.

Once he's as satisfied as he can be with the efforts of the engineers, he will convert the remaining prisoners.

[1091] 22-07-29 12:38:57 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12 ... success
2: 1 + 6 + 2 = 9 ... success
3: 1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
4: 4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success
5: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 ... success
6: 5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success
7: 4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
8: 6 + 5 + 1 = 12 ... success
9: 6 + 4 + 6 = 16 ... success
10: 5 + 3 + 5 = 13 ... success
11: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success
12: 6 + 2 + 6 = 14 ... success
13: 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 ... success
14: 5 + 4 + 2 = 11 ... success
15: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success
16: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
17: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success
18: 4 + 5 + 4 = 13 ... success
19: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 ... success
20: 6 + 6 + 1 = 13 ... success
21: 3 + 2 + 6 = 11 ... success
22: 2 + 3 + 3 = 8 ... success
23: 3 + 4 + 2 = 9 ... success
24: 3 + 3 + 6 = 12 ... success
25: 1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
26: 4 + 5 + 5 = 14 ... success
27: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
28: 4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success
29: 2 + 6 + 3 = 11 ... success
30: 3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success

No failures, 3 critical success, a few bare successes. A second pass may be called for depending if there's time.
Old 08-01-2022, 11:13 AM   #1526
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, I'm not one to listen to threats, but "'ow 'er up" is probably "blow her up", or at least it's too probable to ignore. I'll whisper to the nearest guard to stall whoever's in the compartment with prolonged negotiations (lots of "whatting" is best). I'll grab one of the two crewman at the doors tools (provided it it's long enough), and circle over the exterior end of the compartment the voice came from. Then I'll try to pry the door open there. If the tools aren't long enough then I guess I'll have look for a bar along the way.

Stealth to leave the compartment quietly, lockpicking to open the door.
The door is not lockable from the inside: there is no need to try and pick the door. There is only one door though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is first going to try to verify that the eight are indeed trying to get things back on track.

Engineer (Starship) (or Reactor at default?) this is a success by 2 from Starship or a failure by 2 from Reactor at default.
He's sure that at least half are trying to prevent an explosion. He's not sure about the other half.

Quote:
Once he's as satisfied as he can be with the efforts of the engineers, he will convert the remaining prisoners.

No failures, 3 critical success, a few bare successes. A second pass may be called for depending if there's time.
He thinks it all worked.

There is no impending time pressure... but daymar is also out of contact with everyone else.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 08-01-2022, 02:09 PM   #1527
Hide

Quote:
Vinobi nods: "I'll take care of this. Got any handcuffs?"
If we confront her like this, she might have us killed and she might even blow the ship. What tactic do you suggest Chief (Zybo)?
Old 08-01-2022, 02:20 PM   #1528
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
If we confront her like this, she might have us killed and she might even blow the ship. What tactic do you suggest Chief (Zybo)?
ugg, that WAS supposed to be Zybo saying that... changed it.

Old 08-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #1529
TGLS

Quote:
The door is not lockable from the inside: there is no need to try and pick the door. There is only one door though.
I see. So no sneaking up on Lt. Buthiji (?). OK.

I grab one of the crew just captured, then I shout back: "Come out with your hands over your head or crewman [reads name] dies slowly!"

Quote:
[1092] 22-08-02 01:44:50 CEST
Judo
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
[1093] 22-08-02 01:45:27 CEST
Intimidation (default, +1 from callous)
3d6 <= 11
5 + 4 + 1 = 10 ... success
Can't imagine they're all that swayed if really have a bomb
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:06 AM   #1530
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
He's sure that at least half are trying to prevent an explosion. He's not sure about the other half.
Daymar is going to pull aside one of those he's sure is working to prevent an explosion to get their opinion on whether everyone is working towards the same goal.