Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #1311
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

"I see. Do we have codes for the officer's quarters? Are they locked separately or behind one door? I'll head down to the 6F and gather the guards Daymar left there. Then we can raid the officer's quarters at 10-12F. Any objections?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #1312
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I see. Do we have codes for the officer's quarters? Are they locked separately or behind one door? I'll head down to the 6F and gather the guards Daymar left there. Then we can raid the officer's quarters at 10-12F. Any objections?"
"I think I'll have to leave the prisoners on Deck 19 and stowing these bodies until later. I don't think we should kill anyone we don't have to when there's the potential for me to bring them onside, especially the captain. Don't flush the oxygen out unless there's no other choice."
Old 04-01-2022, 07:48 AM   #1313
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The code is to get into the compartments, not the individual rooms. You have at least one code that works, I think.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 08:48 AM   #1314
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"I think I'll have to leave the prisoners on Deck 19 and stowing these bodies until later. I don't think we should kill anyone we don't have to when there's the potential for me to bring them onside, especially the captain. Don't flush the oxygen out unless there's no other choice."
"Do you want to storm the officer's quarters or do it roughtly the same way that we did security?"
Old 04-01-2022, 10:31 AM   #1315
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"Do you want to storm the officer's quarters or do it roughtly the same way that we did security?"
"How many officers are we expecting? If we have enough security with us, we can storm it and overwhelm them, and then I can convert them to join us even if it is at gun-point."
Old 04-01-2022, 10:49 AM   #1316
TGLS

Quote:
"How many officers are we expecting?"
Lazy Estimate I: Eleven blocks, three officers for each shift, 1/3 is on duty, thus about 22 officers.

Lazy Estimate II: All the officers are quartered in the cabins on Deck 10F thru Deck 12F. Officers don't hotbunk so there's a total of 54 officers, 1/3 of which are on duty. Thus about 36 officers.

I think II is probably closer to the exact figure, with political officers, apprentice officers, ensigns, and medical staff making up the missing 21 from the first estimate.

Last edited by TGLS; 04-01-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-01-2022, 12:46 PM   #1317
Hide

I see, how much time will you take to reach this section?
Old 04-04-2022, 07:46 AM   #1318
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"How many officers are we expecting?"
Quote:
Lazy Estimate I: Eleven blocks, three officers for each shift, 1/3 is on duty, thus about 22 officers.

Lazy Estimate II: All the officers are quartered in the cabins on Deck 10F thru Deck 12F. Officers don't hotbunk so there's a total of 54 officers, 1/3 of which are on duty. Thus about 36 officers.

I think II is probably closer to the exact figure, with political officers, apprentice officers, ensigns, and medical staff making up the missing 21 from the first estimate.
medical is part of morale, not officers.

You've looking at about 25 to 30 officers. But of course, some of these officers have already been converted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I see, how much time will you take to reach this section?

Its about 200 yards of lateral movement and 9 decks. At a non-FP burning pace, that's four minutes.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:19 AM   #1319
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...)Its about 200 yards of lateral movement and 9 decks. At a non-FP burning pace, that's four minutes.
Alright, Pacifica's won't kill the guys. She's just going to cut the oxygen until they all pass out (for about 3 minutes. Anyway, we will see them pass out). She shares the plan with her comrades Hua and Day. Assuming the team agrees, Pacifica tells Thorpojor friendly reinforcements might arrive in 4 minutes and also gives him the update:

We are going to do the same thing, but we won't kill them and they will remain restrained. Let's make sure they pass-out (3 minutes without air or so, look at them). Have a couple of good watchers stealthily guard the aisles, so we get a heads up in case the captain decides to come. Now we are going to tell him we found these people in the verge of death, and that help is coming (we are still using the dead bodies), we will be in standby so we play our sketch for the captain. Also, the man that replied to the captain, have him change clothes with one of the guys that were watching the entrance, just in case.
Old 04-04-2022, 02:19 PM   #1320
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You've looking at about 25 to 30 officers. But of course, some of these officers have already been converted.

Its about 200 yards of lateral movement and 9 decks. At a non-FP burning pace, that's four minutes.
Okay, based on those numbers I say we storm the deck and I'll convert those that have not already been converted. We'll need to gather enough of our security forces to do so, but if we use the three with me, and a good chunk of those assigned to Hua and Pacifica, I think this is doable.