Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
Gearloose

Default Psionic Sorcery (and psionics questions)

I request the aid of the mighty hive-mind!

Psionic Sorcery
I've been thinking about making a psionics campaign for a while now and one thing that was bothering me about Psionic Powers is how specialized a psi must be. I rather have psis having the option of a larger breadth of abilities, mainly because in my setting psionics is something that anyone can learn, so I thought of mixing up the psionic rules with the sorcery rules. I also like the idea of having an advantage that represents the character raw power so it will fit nicely.

Since both Psi and Sorcery limitations are both -10% and think making skill rolls is a nice replacement for the 1FP cost. I also like the idea of having a VH skill for each power and the abilities themselves are A or H skills that default to the power skill and are capped by it (like thaumatology for RPM). Would this work? Is there some issue that I'm not seeing that could cause trouble during play?

General psi and powers questions
I'm confused with three psi abilities:
  • TK Grab: When using TK grab, can a character move the object in the same round he used the ability, like just throwing something far away? Or you must always wait the time for lifting the object?
  • Astral Sight: Astral sight is made with see invisible and medium, isn't that the same as Medium (Visual)? Also, in my setting every sort of spirit is an astral entity, should I remove the "Specialized, Astral" limitation?
  • Healing: This is less an issue with the ability from Psionic Powers and more with the Healing advantage itself. I generally don't like instant healing powers that can be used over and over again, because that pretty much removes all of the recovery time for an injured character. Is there a way to make a first-aid power? Something that can be used in the same situation as the skill, but can only heal 1d or something like that?

Thanks in advance!
Gearloose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
house rules, psionic powers, questions, sorcery