Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #11
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I rolled fast-talk as well, as the pop culture is not enough to talk someone into doing something... though it certainly can help.

Pothi is hungry today. He's anxious to get to lunch. "Its time to eat! stop dragging your feet! we can talk about it on the way! Did breakfast make you sick or something?" He walks briskly towards the mess hall.

Daymar picks out a show with a controversial ending sounds out Pothi for a reaction. He gets one, but it fails to slow down the hungry spacer.

"come on, I've been on my feet all day!"

OCC: I feel somewhat conflicted about the roll: on the one hand, I don't want to slow the game down just asking you to make rolls in a two or three day exchange. On the other hand, you had a very minor chance to fail... and you didn't get to roll it. Let me know how you want that handled in the future
OOC: It's fine. Whether you roll it or I roll it, the odds are the same. If you feel I need to make a roll that I haven't made, go ahead and roll it.

Day responds, "Breakfast was fine, and I'm coming. I'm just not in a rush to stand in line waiting to be served - I like when it's a bit quieter."