Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-12-2021, 02:32 PM   #1741
Farmer

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I'm definitely going to back. I would love to see GCS support again (I know this is a big push).

This makes is very helpful for VTT as it can use the import tool to use for foundry that has a very good GURPS support tool.
GCS/GCA would be awesome. In fact, I'd pay/back for extra for that (like, quite a bit extra). Even without a VTT, having the ability to create NPC character sheets from GCS or GCA would be valuable for folks (and even if it's not the one you normally use, just being able to fire up, load, print/export should be great).
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:07 PM   #1742
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehrkat View Post
I'm definitely going to back. I would love to see GCS support again (I know this is a big push).

This makes is very helpful for VTT as it can use the import tool to use for foundry that has a very good GURPS support tool.
I hear you, but I can't promise it at this juncture. I will talk with Armin and Rich about a few things, and see what can or cannot be done.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 03:18 PM   #1743
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I hear you, but I can't promise it at this juncture. I will talk with Armin and Rich about a few things, and see what can or cannot be done.
I bet there might even be some in the community who would work on doing this, given the data. A dozen people, for example, could knock these up pretty quickly given the data and some guidelines.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #1744
DouglasCole

The Kickstarter for the Bestiary goes live next Thursday, but here's the preview page in the interim! Please share widely.

While the Bestiary is naturally set in Nordlond...that really doesn't change much of the utility provided by a ready-to-use big book of monsters.

Minimum 128-page hardcover; and if we hit the 63,000 top stretch goal, it'll grow to 240 pages.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:22 PM   #1745
Farmer

And/or released as a premium module on FVTT through The Forge or something similar.
Old 11-12-2021, 03:34 PM   #1746
DouglasCole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
And/or released as a premium module on FVTT through The Forge or something similar.
I'd have to look into what that entails. I'm not a programmer, so work like this would have to be outsourced to someone who could confidently pull it off.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:51 PM   #1747
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
GCS/GCA would be awesome. In fact, I'd pay/back for extra for that (like, quite a bit extra). Even without a VTT, having the ability to create NPC character sheets from GCS or GCA would be valuable for folks (and even if it's not the one you normally use, just being able to fire up, load, print/export should be great).
I'm pretty sure I can also create a sheet that looks close to Doug's layout for the monsters, based on the sample he posted.

(Exactness tends to depend a lot on how many traits things tend to have, and whether they'll fit into fixed areas. That's the main difference between hand-tweaked publishing layouts and auto-generated sheet layouts.)
Old 11-12-2021, 08:18 PM   #1748
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I'm pretty sure I can also create a sheet that looks close to Doug's layout for the monsters, based on the sample he posted.

(Exactness tends to depend a lot on how many traits things tend to have, and whether they'll fit into fixed areas. That's the main difference between hand-tweaked publishing layouts and auto-generated sheet layouts.)
That could be really cool, Armin!
Old 11-12-2021, 08:24 PM   #1749
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
I'd have to look into what that entails. I'm not a programmer, so work like this would have to be outsourced to someone who could confidently pull it off.
I think it comes down to what would be included. You can package up content quite easily:

https://foundryvtt.com/article/packaging-guide/

But it depends what you want to package. If it's Actors based on each of the creatures with just a character sheet, that's one thing. Takes time to load up from GCA/GCS into FVTT to create them, but not hard. If you want to include tokens based on the artwork, again not hard, just time. If you want to include Journal entries wiith limited text descriptions to be able to show players, not hard, but takes time (that would take a lot more time to create). And so on. For me, as a consumer, each level would enhance the value and increase what I'd be willing to pay. The system also allows linking to a PDF if you own it so throwing that in for the GM to be able to call up the full details at the right page, adds more value.
Old 11-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #1750
DouglasCole

Quote:
Takes time to load up from GCA/GCS
none of these creatures are in GCA or GCS.

What I'd need is a way to go from my layout spreadsheet into a format that one of those programs can swallow, and from there, I suspect packaging is straight-forward, basically an "export to VTT" option.

Or if someone could go direct from my spreadsheet to a Foundry-importable thing? That'd be fine too.

But at this juncture, it's not something I'm actively working. Much like Delvers to Grow, that consideration comes after the actual product is finished.

I use VTTs when I play as well, and I get the utility. But I have to stage things in order, and "make the book" is first.

Tags
blog, blogs, committed aim, dungeon grappling, modern firepower, pass limb