Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-22-2015, 12:42 PM   #501
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Kumar: "We weren't counting on anyone as persistent as Luisa. I promise you I've never run into anyone else on miracle workers as persistant at paperwork. She acts like she's a member of internal affairs. Most understand this sort of stuff happens and roll with it. A solid cover story is probably going attract more attention are require forged papers. Which we might be able to get. I just don't know who I'd get them from. The dog paperwork is a good story though. And the papers may be actually possible to get legitly. If she persists we may have to drop you off somewhere until the storm blows over."

That day they get enough of the ball rolling to keep them busy all day. Thousands are coming to get innoculated. Peter and Elena are just another pair of hands -- though their lines do seem longer. The place is a center of gossip. The first clashes with the invaders have happened. Most noteworthy, someone decided that the army should get the protection. Kumar is quite uneasy -- the warriors will get sick before they get better, and he really doesn't want to be blamed. And it does seem he is the most suspicioun-arrousing of the group: he looks like the invaders, and he speaks the language of the locals. He mentions he'd like to leave, but doesn't dare do it without causing the project to grind to a halt.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #502
the_matrix_walker

"We should be sure to let them know what the effects could be, and let them decide for themselves whether to inoculate the warriors before the opposing army arrives."

Peter is sure too keep Goliath close, and have any young people he inoculates pet the dog for comfort and distraction... attempting to create a plausible explanation for the animal's presence on this sort of a mission.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 11:01 AM   #503
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The army is aware of what's happening, but Kumar still frets about g

Goliath is good at being freindly. He's perhaps better at communicating with these people than Peter. Peter is picking up a few words in the language, but only enough to give directions.

The invading army pushes on. That evening word comes in of a great battle between the two forces. The invaders won with their magic. There will probably be a few more battles, but Luisa estimates there are only two or three days left before the army hits. They decide to leave. lives have been saved, and they have no desire to be around for a sack of the city.

They travel deep into the jungle, and find a small village to innoculate. Peter dreams that night of the abundant life of the forest tree tops.

They are preparing to leave the villiage (about noon) when Peter sees Luisa walking towards him and Kumar with a riffle. He gets a feeling that this really isn't right.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-24-2015, 01:22 PM   #504
the_matrix_walker

OOC Post:

Does Peter's Sensitivity pick up any particular demeanor or emotion from her?

When dreaming about the life in the tree tops, are we talking just flora diversity, or is there fauna? Are there any specific plants that seem more prominently presented in the vision?

By the way, is Peter armed on this world? The did give him a pistol on the last one...
Old 06-24-2015, 04:06 PM   #505
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Flora and Fauna, but no plants really stick out.

Peter's sensitive picks up she's feeling very agressive and is ready for trouble.

He does have a pistol. Its in a holster, but not one he can try to draw quickly from -- its strapped in so as to not fall out at the moment.

Old 06-24-2015, 07:25 PM   #506
the_matrix_walker

Peter nudges Kumar, "Heads up." he says softly as he nods in Luisa's direction.

He turns his body to hide his pistol holster from her view and unbuttons it so the pistol can be freed quickly if needed.

Then louder he says "Everything okay Luisa?"
Old 06-25-2015, 02:13 PM   #507
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kumar looks over at Luisa and gets a look of panic on his face.

Lusia swings her weapon up.

"Stop reaching for your guns! Both of you! Yes, something is up!"

Old 06-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #508
the_matrix_walker

Peter jumps for whatever cover is nearby... "Calm down Lady! What's your problem?!"
Old 06-25-2015, 04:35 PM   #509
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

You are aware of the possibility of her shooting if he moves suddenly like that? Just checking. (It will take a few rolls I haven't made yet to determine if she does).

Old 06-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #510
the_matrix_walker

The possibility exists regardless, so itt still seems like the most prudent measure.

It's not as if standing still would prevent the crazy lady from shooting...

Tags
lost in dreams