Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-27-2016, 01:57 PM   #11
lachimba

Default Re: DF adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Instead of being mysterious maybe you should just say what issue and article you are talking about?
The Search for Ed mentioned previously.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:28 PM   #12
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Roy Slade View Post
If so, it would have to be at the very very end of its run: DF1: Adventurers has a publication date of August 2008 and Pyramid 3_1 is November 2008.
Adventurers was published on December 27, 2007. I think you are looking at the date for v. 1.2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachimba View Post
The Search for Ed mentioned previously.
The author is saying it wasn't specifically a DF adventure. I would think he'd know.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:50 PM   #13
corwyn

Quote:
Well you didn't look very hard.
pretty jerky comment considering I was asking specifically for DF adventures. I had found the Ed adventure; while it may be useful, it wasn't what I was looking for.

But thanks for playing.

Everyone else, thanks for your comments.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:55 PM   #14
lachimba

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
pretty jerky comment considering I was asking specifically for DF adventures. I had found the Ed adventure; while it may be useful, it wasn't what I was looking for.

But thanks for playing.

Everyone else, thanks for your comments.
Sorry I did think it was a DF adventure. I dont have my pyramid archive with me.

If you put DF in the title I really don't see any difference
You can take out DF of the title of say any DF adventure and I don't see what difference you get really.

Preference is up to you. I thought I was helping by suggesting there was at least one more potential adventure out there for you.

Best of luck with more potential adventures.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #15
corwyn

Quote:
Sorry I did think it was a DF adventure. I dont have my pyramid archive with me.

If you put DF in the title I really don't see any difference
You can take out DF of the title of say any DF adventure and I don't see what difference you get really.

Preference is up to you. I thought I was helping by suggesting there was at least one more potential adventure out there for you.

Best of luck with more potential adventures.
Sorry for snapping. I just didn't like the implication that i was lazy and lacking in effort because I didn't find an adventure that I wasn't looking for in the first place.

Anyway, DF adventures are more likely to be designed with 250 point characters in mind. I am going through old pyramid adventures for stuff I can adapt but right now I'm focussing on lower-maintenance adventures.

Old 10-27-2016, 03:28 PM   #16
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
I'm willing to take Matt's word for it. I mean he wrote the thing...
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 10:59 PM   #17
Celjabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
There definitely were adventures published in Pyramid #2; I'd be surprised if there were any for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. If there were it would have to be in one of the last couple issues, so you could just check those.
I know I sound like a broken record but I really wish SJG would allow us to throw money at them and put that archive on e23. Annoying if understandable enough that only the lucky ones that were subscribed at the right time got it, but the permanent if involuntarily teasing like this is grating... :) How I wish I had saved everything I had access to back then or kept my subscription on ...

Last edited by Celjabba; 10-28-2016 at 07:06 AM.
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 11:31 PM   #18
LokRobster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
I know I sound like a broken record but I really wish SJG would allow us to throw money at them and put that archive on e23. Bad enough that only the lucky ones that were subscribed at the right time got it, but the permanent if involuntarily teasing like this is grating... :) How I wish I had saved everything I had access to back then....
I second the motion!!

I did save everything, but it's so hard to navigate... it's like all these HTML files and individual pic-links. I haven't tried looking at it in years :(
Old 10-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #19
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
I did save everything, but it's so hard to navigate... it's like all these HTML files and individual pic-links. I haven't tried looking at it in years :(
Someone wrote a small program that created yearly index files for each year by ripping header information from the individual HTML files. With that it's easier to navigate, though not exactly a breeze.

I have an issue where a couple of the zip files were corrupt (don't know if it was at the source or just my download) and I'm missing a few files because the zip files couldn't be read.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #20
corwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
Someone wrote a small program that created yearly index files for each year by ripping header information from the individual HTML files. With that it's easier to navigate, though not exactly a breeze.
Is that available anywhere?

I did make a point of printing out most of the ToCs from volume 2 so I have a good idea what's in the archive but I still don't really want to go through the thousands of files to rename them all.

Tags
adventure, dungen fantasy