Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin Collectible Card Game

Old 03-24-2019, 03:50 PM   #1
rickert

Default new to this game with non-rules questions

I am curious what people think of the game and its general health. I play mostly 2 players so haven't bought heavily into Munchkin because it doesn't play well with 2. But this has me interested in spite of it being collectible. Can anyone give me some opinions about it? Is the game strong enough to move forward with new releases?
rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Kax

Default Re: new to this game with non-rules questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickert View Post
I am curious what people think of the game and its general health. I play mostly 2 players so haven't bought heavily into Munchkin because it doesn't play well with 2. But this has me interested in spite of it being collectible. Can anyone give me some opinions about it? Is the game strong enough to move forward with new releases?

Have a look at how long Muchkin's been out and how much support it has had. There's an answer.

Note that the original version is not collectible.
Old 03-24-2019, 04:07 PM   #3
rickert

I have Munchkin and play it on occasion and like it, so I know of that game. Just looking for more about this one. I know the other Munchkin has plenty of variety and support. I am hoping the same is planned for the CCG.
rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:17 AM   #4
squid2126

It is a great game and the bluffing mechanism is fantastic and unique.

Time will tell about longevity but it is worth buying and spending a few booster boxes on.
squid2126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:36 PM   #5
Majobasil

I received the starter set as a gift and have been thoroughly enjoying the game. Unfortunately, most game shops around my small town only run Magic tournaments and no Munchkin, so I can only play occasionally when my buddy stops by.

Between the CCG and the original Munchkin, I’m a big fan. However, I wish there were more ways to play the CCG and be competitive.
Majobasil is offline   Reply With Quote