Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2021, 02:33 PM   #1111
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The two security guards happily do this.

The cooks are a little startled, but go along with the introductions long enough for for daymar to shake their hand...
"Nijothu" shakes the cooks' hands warmly, saying, "an army matches on its stomachs, even when they're the navy. Just wanted to say 'thank you' for your service."

[733] 21-12-17 22:31:13 CET
Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinte Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success
2: 3 + 5 + 4 = 12 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:31 AM   #1112
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The Cooks seem to take the mind control... I take it you're using the instant version?


What is the next step?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:42 AM   #1113
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Cooks seem to take the mind control... I take it you're using the instant version?


What is the next step?
Well I'd say the next step is to go get the two guards upstairs. Let's slip upstairs and go looking:
Quote:
[736] 21-12-20 15:41:41 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 13
3 + 5 + 6 = 14 ... failure
[735] 21-12-20 15:41:31 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
6 + 4 + 1 = 11 ... success
[734] 21-12-20 15:41:22 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success
Guess I didn't spot them.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 03:50 PM   #1114
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar goes along with Hua to try to find the last two guards.

[738] 21-12-20 23:49:05 CET

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
4 + 5 + 1 = 10 ... success

[737] 21-12-20 23:48:44 CET

Observation

3d6 <= 13
3 + 6 + 2 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:11 AM   #1115
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

As the dreadstormers leave, the security guys ask "So can we tell everyone now?"



Daymar and Hua go up to the "downtown" area looking for the last two security guards. They find the two, having purchased some better food than normal and eating it. Pacifica and Nejora are lounging in the same small space.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 08:44 AM   #1116
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
As the dreadstormers leave, the security guys ask "So can we tell everyone now?"
"We'll be back with the other two guards in a moment. We'll outline further orders for the conclusion of this mission."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar and Hua go up to the "downtown" area looking for the last two security guards. They find the two, having purchased some better food than normal and eating it. Pacifica and Nejora are lounging in the same small space.
We got Nejora already, right? Right, she's loyal to Pacifica. Anyone else in the area (12C right)? I'll drop a note for Pacifica: "Distract the guards; we're about finished with this section."
Quote:
[739] 21-12-21 16:27:47 CET
Filch
3d6 <= 14 : 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 10:17 PM   #1117
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(…)We got Nejora already, right? Right, she's loyal to Pacifica. Anyone else in the area (12C right)? I'll drop a note for Pacifica: "Distract the guards; we're about finished with this section."
What guards? Pacifica is on watch duty (AFAIK). When do you expect her to find the note?

How is she with Nejora atm?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 12:11 PM   #1118
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar and Hua go up to the "downtown" area looking for the last two security guards. They find the two, having purchased some better food than normal and eating it. Pacifica and Nejora are lounging in the same small space.
With Hua's assistance to remain unseen, Daymar will try to subvert the last two guards.

[740] 21-12-22 20:11:17 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica) - All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success
2: 4 + 6 + 4 = 14 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 09:08 AM   #1119
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

As Pacifica finds the note, she slaps Nejora's back and shouts:

A COCKROACH!

Acting:
3d6 <= 15
1 + 6 + 6 = 13 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 07:55 AM   #1120
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The room turns to look, and Nejora stands up and turns around frantically a few times "get it off, get it off!"

Daymar takes the opportunity to touch first one, and then the other security member. He thinks both mind control attempts worked.

The room is in an uproar for just a few moments, then everyone sits down twitchily and with a paranoia completely independent of dreadstormers.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.