Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-01-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

Default Help With Template Creation

I cannot seem to figure out how to add my created template to the TEMPLATE list used for characters. Also, is there a way to make it so the disadvantages don't count towards the character's limit?

Thank you.
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Help With Template Creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
I cannot seem to figure out how to add my created template to the TEMPLATE list used for characters.
After you've saved the template to a data file, you need to also load that data file into GCA. Click on the Options toolbar button, or select Tools > Options from the menus. The Options window will open. You'll be looking at the Data Sets tab. Click the Change & Load Files... button. Find your data file in the list on the left, click it, click the Add >>> button so it's added to the files listed on the right*. Click OK. Your current files should now be listed in the Data Files Included list on the Data Sets tab. Click OK again to close Options. Your template should now be available for selection.

* If your file is already shown in the list of files on the right, you don't need to add it again, you just need GCA to reload it, which it will do when you click OK here, or next time you re-start GCA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
Also, is there a way to make it so the disadvantages don't count towards the character's limit?

Thank you.
Click the Owns check box so it is selected.

Armin