Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #11
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Perk to multiply RoF with Extra Attack

I can't remember which book it is, but IIRC RoF 3 guns is more of a measure of how fast a person can pull the trigger and keep the gun steady and targeted, not the maximum it can shoot in one second. IF there are rules for that, then just relax them for someone with Extra Attack.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #12
vierasmarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
I can't remember which book it is, but IIRC RoF 3 guns is more of a measure of how fast a person can pull the trigger and keep the gun steady and targeted, not the maximum it can shoot in one second. IF there are rules for that, then just relax them for someone with Extra Attack.
Per Tactical Shooting pg 14, you can "Fan" a single-action revolver to raise RoF from 1 to as high as 5. Pump- or lever-action guns can double RoF, while Semi-autos or double-action revolvers can triple RoF. In all cases the shooter suffers severe penalties to skill and Rcl. Considering the expense of buying off these penalties with techniques, and the fact that the Rcl increases can never be bought off, I would never give this as a free benefit of Extra Attack. Maybe with Cosmic. But really, if they want to do this they should buy Altered Time Rate (Attacks only) instead of Extra Attack.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:46 AM   #13
Onkl

Thanks for all your input guys. This is a Gun Fu game and the place at which we threw realism out of the cart has faded in the rear mirror...

I would never allow this in a game using Tactical Shooting, or even a "normal" GURPS game. But I think that in an over-the-top Gun Fu game, this won't be unbalancing but gives the PCs one more chance to be super-awesome! Also... the big bad will use it as well...

Thanks again

Onkl
Onkl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extra attack, perk, perks