Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-21-2007, 02:47 AM   #461
jSarek

Default Re: So, how great is Kromm anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemegos
Seriously, it's the crocodiles, not the spiders, who are gunning for tourists.
Yes, but they tend to be sated by the stupid tourists. If you don't go swimming where you're not supposed to or bushwhacking near water holes, your chances of becoming Gator Chow are pretty dang low.

Funnelwebs, though . . . they're small, and can get into places like buildings, hotels, airtight anti-spider tourist containers, that sort of thing. And they want to, because they're out to get me.

And crocodiles can't hide in your shoes.

You know, I really wish my grandfather's fear of spiders hadn't rubbed off on me. I'm not as bad as he was; I'm of course joking up above, but he'd mean it durn near seriously. Still, they give me the creepy-crawlies in insensible ways, and so the thought of moderately aggressive, extremely deadly spiders tends to make me quiver a bit. It's a good thing my grandfather didn't know about the funnelweb when we went over there.
jSarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 03:52 AM   #462
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
They can, however, be your shoes.

"Extremely deadly" is spelled "we have an antivenin now, praise be to KROMM". The antivenin for crocodile-bite is coming along only rather slowly.
LOL! Man whats wrong with you, I need to clean my screen from milk now...

Ghostdancer

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:52 AM   #463
elShoggotho

Insh'KROMM!
elShoggotho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 05:50 PM   #464
Icelander

Quote:
However, noting KROMM's committed interest in zombies, I hope I may live to see it.
For a given value of "live".

Insh'KROMM!

;)
Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 PM   #465
elShoggotho

For the greater glory of Steve Jackson and His Prophet KROMM, we shall create zombies if the need arises, but put additional research in antivenins countering such nowadays-calamities as crocodile bites, boa constrictions and chainsaw accidents without destroying the mind and inducing an eternal craving for brains.
Old 01-22-2007, 02:54 AM   #466
Anders

So what is Hell like, I hear you ask? What happens if you do not follow the tenets of KROMM?

And I saw a small basement, wherein sat five players. Their eyes were dead, their movements listless, their dice dull. And I saw the GM, and he was sitting by himself behind a large screen made from poorly put-together cardboard and cackling to himself. And he had a rulebook in his right hand, and the name on the rulebook was F.A.T.A.L. And the adventure was called "Never-Ending Dungeon." And there was no hope there, and no KROMM to help them, for they had forsaken him to follow false GMs.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:51 AM   #467
elShoggotho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask
So what is Hell like, I hear you ask? What happens if you do not follow the tenets of KROMM?

And I saw a small basement, wherein sat five players. Their eyes were dead, their movements listless, their dice dull. And I saw the GM, and he was sitting by himself behind a large screen made from poorly put-together cardboard and cackling to himself. And he had a rulebook in his right hand, and the name on the rulebook was F.A.T.A.L. And the adventure was called "Never-Ending Dungeon." And there was no hope there, and no KROMM to help them, for they had forsaken him to follow false GMs.
Rejoice, my fellow brethren in KROMM, for this will never happen to people like us. We have GURPS, devised by Almighty Steve Jackson and brought to us by His Prophet, KROMM, which will be our guide to The Roleplayers' Heaven. Insh'KROMM!
Old 01-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #468
jSarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask

I refuse to believe in a KROMM that would inflict such a punishment on anyone, even the unbelievers.

KROMM is merciful and compassionate (well, maybe except when he GMs). There is no place for such a torture chamber in a worldview that excepts a benevolent KROMM.
jSarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #469
Icelander

Quote:
Hosanna! Hosanna! All praise is due to KROMM!
Allelujah! Adonai KROMM, of Heavenly Hosts, of Eternal Glory!
Quote:
How is this plan coming along, Icelander?
Pretty well, actually.

Looks like people are pretty happy about it.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-26-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #470
elShoggotho

Well, you pretty much made it - for the greater glory of KROMM. Insh'KROMM!

Tags
kromm