Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #21
zoncxs

Default Re: [OOC] Villains

OK! my idea is an avatar of chaos. failed solider experiment offered a new chance at life as an agent of chaos. think deathstroke but stronger, faster, and can turn into a chaotic mist and travel. :D
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #22
LemmingLord

Updated FeebleMan. Now he's got quite the skill set from all his attempts to live out his video game experiences in reality. Basically he can be a low level wheel man or pilot.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #23
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
Alright I have an idea for this. How about a dragon business man from another dimension who's secretly the head of a crime organization made up mostly of orcs, goblins and trolls who's archnemesis is the last surviving member of an adventuring party that tried to kill him.
Hmmm... I'm not sure I want to be mixing in Other Roleplaying Game tropes here. I definitely plan on throwing in some modern fantasy, but this not so much.

Another issue with this is that a typical ORPG-style adventurer isn't much of a threat to a 1,000-point dragon. (The point of such monsters is that they're a big threat that adventurers can only overcome with great difficulty, it doesn't work in reverse.)

But I wouldn't rule out it working with some modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samd6 View Post
I am interested, If there is room.

My first go-to supervillain, Death of Lasers, sounds like it would step on the toes of Eric.

I think I might try a mook master, a guy with Allies out the wazoo, but that could get complicated quickly. Having a million mooks comes out 216 points at most, assuming 250 point mooks, and as low as 44 points for 50 point mooks.

I find myself rather partial to the idea of a psychic con man, with supernatural powers of illusion and persuasion, and light on combat abilities.
Maybe, details would be good here.
Michael Thayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:05 PM   #24
momothefiddler

Hm. I'm trying to build a lair but to get a lair with any high-TL components I'd need signature gear. The problem is that signature gear works off standard campaign starting wealth which would require thousands of points (I'm working out of Spaceships for pricing on large habitable possessions and they start at tens of millions of dollars). Wealth would make it possible with a few hundred points, but remove any ability for high-TL components. Thoughts or suggestions?

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #25
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
Hm. I'm trying to build a lair but to get a lair with any high-TL components I'd need signature gear. The problem is that signature gear works off standard campaign starting wealth which would require thousands of points (I'm working out of Spaceships for pricing on large habitable possessions and they start at tens of millions of dollars). Wealth would make it possible with a few hundred points, but remove any ability for high-TL components. Thoughts or suggestions?
Note that Spaceships 2 has rules for "Signature Assets," which would be very appropriate here if you want to build the layer as a ship. Alternatively, you can fudge the cost of the lair as a whole, treating it under the "Cost of Living" rules, and have just a few key systems (computer? security system? lab space?) purchased as Signature Gear.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 PM   #26
momothefiddler

Signature Assets is perfect! Thanks.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #27
Lamech

You know what? I bet I have enough points to combine the ideas into one vampire mage!
Hiriko
Andrew

Last edited by Lamech; 05-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #28
crretin

How about an airship pirate? What do you think of steampunk?
crretin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:52 AM   #29
Lamech

You know what we need? An evil lawyer. Magic, vampirism, stupidly high abilities, and you can probably get most anyone off for most anything. Why do the heroes hate him/her? First a major tendency to get mass murders off, a batman knock off decided to break into vampire's home looking for a super-villain's plans.

But to make things a heck of a lot more personal a batman knockoff decided it was a good idea to threaten our lawyer in his/her home to get the info quickly. He wasn't aware that our villain was a mage or a vampire. This promptly resulted in a dead hero. Mr. Lawyer then to make things worse bound the former heroes soul and destroyed it. The justice system needless to say did NOT prosecute our vampire. Killing people threatening you in your house is pretty well covered under self-defense. Destroying souls isn't illegal, either.

Now batman-knock-off's friends really hate the vampire.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #30
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by crretin View Post
How about an airship pirate? What do you think of steampunk?
It's still a modern setting, but eccentric theme villains are cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
You know what we need? An evil lawyer. Magic, vampirism, stupidly high abilities, and you can probably get most anyone off for most anything. Why do the heroes hate him/her? First a major tendency to get mass murders off, a batman knock off decided to break into vampire's home looking for a super-villain's plans.

But to make things a heck of a lot more personal a batman knockoff decided it was a good idea to threaten our lawyer in his/her home to get the info quickly. He wasn't aware that our villain was a mage or a vampire. This promptly resulted in a dead hero. Mr. Lawyer then to make things worse bound the former heroes soul and destroyed it. The justice system needless to say did NOT prosecute our vampire. Killing people threatening you in your house is pretty well covered under self-defense. Destroying souls isn't illegal, either.

Now batman-knock-off's friends really hate the vampire.
I like this.

Tags
regeneration, unkillable, villains