Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-11-2019, 04:27 AM   #21
The Colonel

Default Re: Survivable Musket

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionPeacock View Post
I'm suggesting a possible extension of the rules, I never played in a table that used muskets and to be honest have no plans to.
Okay … I was wondering why you wanted muskets to be survivable. There are a variety of reasons for trying to make firearms less lethal in a rule set - some of them to do with matching various genre styles and some with more gamist motives and GURPS has, in a variety of places, tools to suit some of them.
The Colonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:00 AM   #22
GWJ

Why are you asking if this would be realistic? :P Survivable Guns rules are not supposed to be realistic - it's for more cinematic gameplay ;)
GWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 08:49 AM   #23
acrosome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrionPeacock View Post
Maybe, I don't understand how GURPS calculates its damage (penetration on homongenous [sic] steel of xmm thick? wtf?) but 9d damage on unarmored individual is going to deal 60+ injury, instant-kill on average. I know muskets are dangerous, but that seems beyond what's reasonable.
Well, if you want realism then you have to use the rules for blow-though damage cap and bleeding, really.

And if you want survivable guns another way to do it is to use the blow-though damage cap rules without the bleeding rules.
acrosome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firearms, low-tech, survivable guns