Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-03-2016, 09:00 PM   #21
xerxes

Default Re: my new campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post
Curious as to why you want them bodily in the Ethereal Realms; a primary advantage of being human is being able to wander the Marches asleep!

Sadly my Asgard write-up was eaten by the cybersquid long ago, but in a nutshell, it was a collection of 8 domains connected by the Yggdrasil Domain. Yggdrassil had the Intrusive Domain(Attunement) of Attuned Senechal, allowing Soldiers to become Seneschals for the Norse Tethers, all of which except Bifrost attach to Yggdrasil. While in Yggdrasil, the Earth appears as just one of the 9 worlds connected by the tree, reinforcing the pantheon's worldview. Odin's crucifixion took place here; due to the Christian similarities any Ethereal attempting Reenactment(EPG p134) is going to loose multiple Forces due to being an Impossible Image (CPG p78) - a major reason Odin's throne is secure.

"Alfheim" of course simply became Fairie (which thanks to the Tiend is very dangerous place for Soldiers, they risk being press-ganged into Beleth's service).

"Asgard" is insanely dangerous, because every time a einheriar is ethereally 'killed' they pick up a level of Ethereal Disadvantage. Most are maxed out on Berserk, Angry and Murderous.

"Nidavellir", "Svartalfar" and "Jotunheim" as the domain of dwarves/dark elves/giants became very Tolkienesque, basically Mirkwood and surrounds.

Muspelheim was pretty much owned by Hell, Nybbas films from here.

Hel, single "L", was overrun by roots thanks to the dragons previously eating them being killed.

I can't remember who I had populating "Vanaheim" but it was some other pantheon that was currently allied with the Norse. You could make it Olympus to make it easier to have them travel there.

Hope this helps.

You should have read the post that appears in this thread right before your post. :)
xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:31 AM   #22
nuulak

Default Re: my new campaign

If memory is serving me correctly Humans and Soldiers of God don't disturb the Symphony when they kill or destroy objects unless they are burning essence for songs. I always envision this as being an Angel's or Demon's wet team. They get sent in when excessive use of force is required.

As far as scheduling the Mission based set up should lend itself to players being there one week or month and not the next. Think of it like episodes of a television show
nuulak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethereals, tips