Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Transhuman Space

Old 02-15-2010, 05:52 AM   #1
hackbarth

Default Transhuman Space Kid Shows

This may sound strange, but I notice TS themes in the Discovery Kids shows that my children watch.

I watch Bob The Builder and see a show where a unmodified (or genefixed, Bob seems too healthy) human interact with his AIs in heavy-duty cybershell bodies. And a annoying, probably not indentured anymore, bioroid goes around with his antics.

And Martha Speaks is obviously a K-10 living in a backward (but not poor) nation. She's the only uplift around. I recommend heavily this show to anyone that want to introduce K-10 dogs in his games.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #2
DaibhidC

Default Re: Transhuman Space Kid Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackbarth View Post
This may sound strange, but I notice TS themes in the Discovery Kids shows that my children watch.

I watch Bob The Builder and see a show where a unmodified (or genefixed, Bob seems too healthy) human interact with his AIs in heavy-duty cybershell bodies. And a annoying, probably not indentured anymore, bioroid goes around with his antics.
I wish I'd thought of that!

I think Spud is indentured to Farmer Pickles.
DaibhidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
selenite

Blue's Clues makes a lot more sense as a VR therapy program designed to help Steve recover from major brain damage.
selenite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:05 AM   #4
Phil Masters

Actually, I was chatting about Shaun the Sheep to someone the other day, and we realised that the sheepdog is pretty much a textbook K-10A, albeit with some Stress Atavism issues.

Though whoever uplifted that entire flock of sheep (and gave them a taste for pizza) needs talking to. Shaun is of course the only one who's bought off Hidebound.

Great show...
My Self-Publications: On Warehouse 23 and On DriveThruRPG.
Phil Masters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #5
Perssek

Funny you guys thought of that. I've been sure that Bob the Builder was all about transhumanism. My three-year-old son watches it all the time, along with Backyardigans (who play RPG all the time and doesn't even know it) and Martha (that needs some behavioral adjustment, or at least a prozac gland).

There was this other show about a team of three people (and two robots, one of them in a hoverbike shell) living in a far moon, but I can't be bothered to google it now. And then there's Pinky - that blue guinea pig of hers (obvioulsy a nobel-prize winning uplift model) and her uncanny ability to speel out difficult words, work them out in an instant-made story are truly transhuman in essence, if not in apparent tech.

Kid's shows these days...
Old 02-16-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
Voltron64

That's funny, I thought this thread was going to be about ideas for kid shows in 2100.
Voltron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Gadget

Handy Manny; works with an LAI toolbox and Lives in town with a high percentage of latino population and everyone seems fairly well off
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
Gadget

Also on a slightly differant note on british tv theres an advert with uplifted meerkats selling car insurance

Last edited by Gadget; 02-17-2010 at 04:13 AM.
Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #9
tshiggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget View Post
Also on a slightly differant not on british tv theres an advert with uplifted meerkats selling car insurance
Nice. All we have are the stupid gecko, and the stupider duck. Meerkats are much cooler. We have some at the zoo, here. If I weren't an athiest, and did believe in reincarnation, I'd have a tough time making the choice about which I'd prefer to inhabit in my next life, a meerkat or an otter.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #10
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Nice. All we have are the stupid gecko, and the stupider duck. Meerkats are much cooler.
Don't forget the Trunk Monkey portable Thug system.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
children, k-10