Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 03-04-2019, 08:34 PM   #41
tbone

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
There have been several Munchkin journals, which are small pocket-sized notebooks with a suitably themed cover. I imagine it'd be something like that.
Ah, thanks. (Anyone curious: Just google "Munchkin journals" for images.)

Aaaaand, I think I need my DFRPG journals now. Okay, everyone, we've got some distance to go to hit all stretchies at $85K. Let's go!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:57 PM   #42
Refplace

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
You may be in luck, then. A collaborator and I are working on a Nordlond-focused random village generator.
Make it compatible with City Stats and I'm in.
Of course I'll be in regardless unless the timing sucks (another tight budget guy) so that may not be a huge inducement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
Now 25% funded!

... though I believe the real challenge comes after that initial rush of existing fans. Here's hoping it goes on to the stretch goals at $48K+.

And speaking of those stretch goals:

I'm guessing that "folder" refers to the kind of big envelope-like folder that was part of The Fantasy Trip kickstarter.

Then there's "journal", too. What's that?
They have been dong something like this for TFT so I suspect like that.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:12 PM   #43
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Make it compatible with City Stats and I'm in.
Can't promise that; it's not really where I'm headed with the concept. I will, however, review that book and see what's there - it's not a volume I've ever used.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 11:22 PM   #44
Tom H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Can't promise that; it's not really where I'm headed with the concept. I will, however, review that book and see what's there - it's not a volume I've ever used.
Regarding GURPS City Stats:

It's a model product in my opinion: light, abstracted, meaningful, and usable.

It may work with your setting.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:00 AM   #45
Tom H.

By the way, is all that teaser monster artwork for Monsters 2 by Brandon Moore?

His artwork was already good, but seems to even be improving. It's highly competitive with the art of the more prominent RPG producers.
Tom H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 01:16 AM   #46
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom H. View Post
By the way, is all that teaser monster artwork for Monsters 2 by Brandon Moore?

His artwork was already good, but seems to even be improving. It's highly competitive with the art of the more prominent RPG producers.
Yeah, it looks great, and I too am curious about its origin. I thought there'd been some talk about the project using only existing art held by SJG, not commissioning new art (though I could be confusing this with some other talk). And it obviously is existing art, given that we're seeing it already, so I'm wondering whose art it is, what it was initially created for, whether Monsters II's beasts were designed in part to fit the artwork, and a bunch of other stuff.

All stuff for SJG to divulge when they like (later designer's notes?), or not at all, as they please. Just idly pondering here.

BTW, about the teaser pages behind the black dragon-ish creature:

Everyone, raise your hand if you tried to zoom in and read those pages. [hand up] : )

(Drat, cleverly too small to read, except the names. So I don't know what "Bleeder" is up to exactly, but he's a scary looking dude. (And if by chance he's a nice monster, I hope he gets some help.))

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:24 AM   #47
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Yeah, it looks great, and I too am curious about its origin.
The artwork is stock art by Fat Goblin Games, used under license. The Kickstarter page includes a link to Fat Goblin Games. https://www.fatgoblingames.com/
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:26 AM   #48
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
My apologies if I missed this somewhere, but is the GM Screen listed within the $150+ reward level the print or PDF version?
I see that it is listed with the print rewards following the PDF rewards, but it is not mentioned in the description.
Thank you!
The GM Screen offered in the $150 rewards is the printed screen. The reward is limited because we're down to the last cases and have no plans to reprint the screen. Once that reward level is gone, our supply of the screen is gone. (Except a handful of strays.)
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #49
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:

[...] whether Monsters II's beasts were designed in part to fit the artwork [...]
Yes, they were. I looked at images in a packet of art we bought and created stats for the 30 that inspired me the most at the time. The stats were inspired by the art, not vice versa. This does of course mean that the 22 monsters that aren't traditional (you've already seen the chimera, giant, and strix here) are a wild grab-bag of stuff with names that aren't going to help you much, like . . .

Quote:

(Drat, cleverly too small to read, except the names. So I don't know what "Bleeder" is up to exactly, but he's a scary looking dude. (And if by chance he's a nice monster, I hope he gets some help.))
. . . "bleeder" and "redthorn," visible here.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 08:20 AM   #50
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Oh, and the bleeder isn't nice, unless you think a monster with an attack named "Bath of Gore" – which merits rules for "blood swirling everywhere on the battlefield" – sounds like a fun dude to have a pint with.
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote