Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-21-2022, 04:18 PM   #1791
Farmer

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
If you have a key you don’t need to purchase the content. You’ve already done so.

Go into Foundry and go to activate purchased content, put in your key, and it will download and install the content.
Ok - it's a touch more involved if you are using The Forge to host.

Normally, at the Forge, you can just go to the Bazaar and either Purchase or Activate content. In this case, you need to log into your actual Foundry account and Activate and then scroll down to the Manifest URL and copy it and then pop back to the Forge and use the "Install via Manifest URL" button. The module then becomes available in the Bazaar and you can load your world and activate the module and then it appears in the Actor Compendium.

And then...OMG it's AWESOME! Just awesome. This adds so much to the game and I'm really thrilled with the quality of it all!

One question - the page link for the book as a PDF goes to the Gaming Ballistic website. With PDFoundry I'd expect we can link to our copies but not sure of the name it's looking for (there's usually a code that relates to the book)?
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:24 PM   #1792
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
Ok - it's a touch more involved if you are using The Forge to host.
Fair enough! I just logged directly into my Foundry VTT account, went to my profile, and put in the key. Poof, there it was!

Quote:
Normally, at the Forge, you can just go to the Bazaar and either Purchase or Activate content. In this case, you need to log into your actual Foundry account and Activate and then scroll down to the Manifest URL and copy it and then pop back to the Forge and use the "Install via Manifest URL" button. The module then becomes available in the Bazaar and you can load your world and activate the module and then it appears in the Actor Compendium.
Is the manifest URL found easily enough? This is actually the second instance of "Oh, I use the Forge..." that I've run into, so it may be good to ensure the link is prominent.

Quote:
And then...OMG it's AWESOME! Just awesome. This adds so much to the game and I'm really thrilled with the quality of it all!
VERY happy to hear that, and I'm sure Nick and Nose are thrilled as well. While I provided some help and of course data and art support, they not only did all the heavy lifting on the coding, they actually made several improvements to the GURPS Game Aid (Unofficial) in order to better support the features of the Bestiary module.

Quote:
One question - the page link for the book as a PDF goes to the Gaming Ballistic website. With PDFoundry I'd expect we can link to our copies but not sure of the name it's looking for (there's usually a code that relates to the book)?
There is totally a way. I know this because we tested it. You upload the PDF to a particular data directory (I don't know which one, tho) and if you call the PDF code NB for Nordlond Bestiary, when you click on stuff it'll open up to that page. Or Fantastic Dungeon Grappling, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, and Monsters! (Provided you upload legally purchased copies, yadda yadda yadda)
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 10:49 AM   #1793
DouglasCole

I got a bit busy this week, but a frequent commenter and contributor threw down a big-point scout for consideration.

His approach is going to be different than mine, but I consider that a good thing!

Delvers to Grow: Scout (Guest Post, Kalzazz) - Gaming Ballistic
Old 05-25-2022, 04:39 PM   #1794
Farmer

Quote:
Is the manifest URL found easily enough? This is actually the second instance of "Oh, I use the Forge..." that I've run into, so it may be good to ensure the link is prominent.
So the process with The Forge is to go to your Foundry Account online and login. Click on your name at the top right of the page to get into the right area. Click on "Purchased Content". Enter the key and it will register.

Then click on "Package Link: Nordlond Bestiary" (actually on the "Nordlond Bestiary" bit. That takes you to https://foundryvtt.com/packages/nordlond-bestiary where you scroll right to the bottom and there are "Available Versions". Each one includes a "Manifest URL" that you can copy (choose the latest version), right click the Manifest URL and copy it.

Then go to and log into you The Forge account. Click on Modules under Bazaar. There's a link at the top left for Install via Manifest URL. Click that, enter the Manifest URL, and away you go. Because it's not local on The Forge Bazaar, it takes a minute or two.

Also, whenever you go back to the Bazaar/Modules if there's an update it will list it and you can click to install. Again, it takes a minute or two to update because it's not local (I just updated from 1.05 to 1.06 now as I stepped through this to write this up).

Quote:
VERY happy to hear that, and I'm sure Nick and Nose are thrilled as well. While I provided some help and of course data and art support, they not only did all the heavy lifting on the coding, they actually made several improvements to the GURPS Game Aid (Unofficial) in order to better support the features of the Bestiary module.
You've all done a great job, thank you!

Quote:
There is totally a way. I know this because we tested it. You upload the PDF to a particular data directory (I don't know which one, tho) and if you call the PDF code NB for Nordlond Bestiary, when you click on stuff it'll open up to that page. Or Fantastic Dungeon Grappling, Adventurers, Exploits, Spells, and Monsters! (Provided you upload legally purchased copies, yadda yadda yadda)
OK - so you're saying the call code is "NB"? If so, that's easy to setup in PDFoundry. That was the missing "key". The others are readily found by opening the actors in normal character sheets and seeing what's referenced, but the page number for the Bestiary is special to the Nordlond Character sheet it seemed and couldn't be "found" that way.

Having said that, I just did it and now the Nordlond Character sheet isn't an option after updating to 1.06, so I can't test it (I can tell you that the page offset for the book is 2, though).

So I can still pull characters in from the Bestiary, but as of 1.06 there's no Nordlond sheet and only the regular character sheets, so it doesn't quite work at the moment.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:27 PM   #1795
Farmer

Quote:
OK - so you're saying the call code is "NB"? If so, that's easy to setup in PDFoundry. That was the missing "key". The others are readily found by opening the actors in normal character sheets and seeing what's referenced, but the page number for the Bestiary is special to the Nordlond Character sheet it seemed and couldn't be "found" that way.

Having said that, I just did it and now the Nordlond Character sheet isn't an option after updating to 1.06, so I can't test it (I can tell you that the page offset for the book is 2, though).

So I can still pull characters in from the Bestiary, but as of 1.06 there's no Nordlond sheet and only the regular character sheets, so it doesn't quite work at the moment.
OK - the issue with the missing Actor character sheet has been resolved with the release of GGA 0.14.1 and the use of "NB" in PDFoundry to reference the Bestiary works to enable clicking the page number on the Actor character sheet to open the correct page in the Bestiary. Fantastic!
Old 05-27-2022, 06:20 PM   #1796
DouglasCole

Quote:
So the process with The Forge is to go to your Foundry Account online and login. Click on your name at the top right of the page to get into the right area. Click on "Purchased Content". Enter the key and it will register.

Then click on "Package Link: Nordlond Bestiary" (actually on the "Nordlond Bestiary" bit. That takes you to https://foundryvtt.com/packages/nordlond-bestiary where you scroll right to the bottom and there are "Available Versions". Each one includes a "Manifest URL" that you can copy (choose the latest version), right click the Manifest URL and copy it.

Then go to and log into you The Forge account. Click on Modules under Bazaar. There's a link at the top left for Install via Manifest URL. Click that, enter the Manifest URL, and away you go. Because it's not local on The Forge Bazaar, it takes a minute or two.

Also, whenever you go back to the Bazaar/Modules if there's an update it will list it and you can click to install. Again, it takes a minute or two to update because it's not local (I just updated from 1.05 to 1.06 now as I stepped through this to write this up).

You've all done a great job, thank you!

Quote:
OK - the issue with the missing Actor character sheet has been resolved with the release of GGA 0.14.1 and the use of "NB" in PDFoundry to reference the Bestiary works to enable clicking the page number on the Actor character sheet to open the correct page in the Bestiary. Fantastic!
Sorry I didn't reply directly, I was working with Nick and Nose in the background (plus some content creation work...gotta pay bills) to fix this. There may be some more tinkering (I think GGA 14.1 and NB1.0.6.2 still interact oddly with the modifier bucket) required over time, but N&N have proved up to the task.
Old 05-27-2022, 06:21 PM   #1797
DouglasCole

Ballistic’s Report – Week Ending May 27, 2022

The Bestiary has cleared customs … but of course we hit a giant “reset” button and my freight company left out important details. Now we’re waiting for something called “de-vanning” and that apparently was not conveyed to me. On the flip side, I am awaiting only Kickstarter’s approval to get the next solo adventure for TFT underway. Lots and lots of secret-squirrel conversations with Steve Jackson Games, and some excellent development work by my author squad. The Foundry VTT module has been sent out to all backers, and is receiving good reviews.
  • I can see why Phil Reed is pulling his beard out over the long list of reasons why freight companies cannot move goods from place to place. What looked like a sure thing to get my books less than 200 miles from NYC to Baltimore has seen more than a week of delay.
  • I got the final cover, the revised manuscript, and lots of playtest feedback on David’s ‘Till Death Do Us Part solo adventure for TFT. This will be a blitzkrieg Kickstarter, but the only thing that I need right now is interior art and more playtesting. Everything else is ready.
  • Really good conversations with SJGames about a lot of things. There were something like 6-10 project discussed, some of which are “awareness” and some of which were “permission.”
  • I’m likely to try and launch a Kickstarter a month through the end of the year. Some are single-book, some are multiple-release.

Much more to read in the link above.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:16 PM   #1798
Farmer

Quote:
Sorry I didn't reply directly, I was working with Nick and Nose in the background (plus some content creation work...gotta pay bills) to fix this. There may be some more tinkering (I think GGA 14.1 and NB1.0.6.2 still interact oddly with the modifier bucket) required over time, but N&N have proved up to the task.
It's all good. I was posting info on Github and Jeff was asking questions and clearly on to it :-).

Yeah, the mod bucket has some issues. I know the guys are looking into it but it works it's just not showing up visually. I'm sure the guys will resolve it.
Old 06-03-2022, 04:42 PM   #1799
DouglasCole

Ballistic’s Report – Week Ending June 3, 2022
The VTT Module hits public release, and is making some sales! A whole bunch of PDFs and physical product of mine gets listed on Warehouse 23. I have a good call with Steve and Phil, and am advancing on multiple projects, including being very, very ready for a Tuesday launch of David Pulver’s Till Death Do Us Part on Kickstarter.
  • Till Death Do Us Part even has hyperlinks in the text now. Art is all underway. A few tokens are done or close to it.
  • Kickstarter launches June 7 and shall continue through June 20. PDF fulfillment is going to be lickety-split on this one.
  • Which is good, because I’m going to immediately segue into a recon-by-fire into the Brazilian market with a translation of Fantastic Dungeon Grappling into Brazilian Portuguese.
  • Solid progress on two other DFRPG projects not written by me. One is a Bestiary follow-on, the other a short rules supplement. Those are really aimed at a September/October due date, so they’re out there but not imminent.
  • Two different systemless projects sit between now and then as well, and I shall transition hard to those soon.
Old 06-03-2022, 05:14 PM   #1800
Farmer

Quote:
Yeah, the mod bucket has some issues. I know the guys are looking into it but it works it's just not showing up visually. I'm sure the guys will resolve it.
This appears to have been resolved with the current updates.

Tags
blog, blogs, committed aim, dungeon grappling, modern firepower, pass limb