Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 11-29-2021, 05:07 PM   #51
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

Default Re: Cards you want to see

@JimTullis
We're building an FAQ sheet. I hear you. Having the FAQ consist of only questions from KS backers — who are the only folks with copies of the game at this point — has the potential to leave a large contingent of fans with unanswered questions, so it's a bit too early for us to officially release something. But it is coming.

That said, the all-caps shouting is unnecessary and rude, and I would like to ask that you do not start posting repeated demands for an FAQ the way you did for the core set card list. That did absolutely nothing but generate a LOT of stress on our side — for me, specifically, as it turns out.
Sam Mitschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:45 PM   #52
JimTullis

I'm sorry that you interpreted the all caps as shouting. I only meant to place a small amount of emphasis in support of others who were already asking about the FAQ.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:24 AM   #53
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

@JimTullis
Thank you for clarifying. The FAQ is coming. Expressing additional emphasis/demands for it on the behalf of others — whose requests I'm already reading and responding to — does not actually support them and does not help me get it done any more quickly.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:03 PM   #54
NexusGameTheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mitschke View Post
This is very much incorrect. Crew results mean you must apply the damage to one of your crew members — you choose which (p23, 5th paragraph). The turret can only take damage on a "weapon" damage card result.
Thanks for clarifying that, I had that wrong! :)
NexusGameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:48 PM   #55
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

It seems weird, but a turret really is just a weapon that is equipped to all arcs. The crew area near your dashboard contains your crew and their gear/sidearms, as well as any other items that do not correlate to specific firing arcs on your car (such as upgrades, which can’t be destroyed…and turrets, which can).
Old 11-30-2021, 10:01 PM   #56
baakyocalder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mitschke View Post
It seems weird, but a turret really is just a weapon that is equipped to all arcs. The crew area near your dashboard contains your crew and their gear/sidearms, as well as any other items that do not correlate to specific firing arcs on your car (such as upgrades, which can’t be destroyed…and turrets, which can).
This is an excellent explanation of turrets worth considering for inclusion in the the FAQ.

Waiting For: Schedule Sanity to Play Car Wars and my Fnordcon special alt Car Wars cards!
baakyocalder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:12 AM   #57
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

@beakyocalder
Thank you, and it's already in the notes!
Old 12-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #58
HeatDeath

Coming back to the thread topic, I'd like to see Upgrade cards that add build points for maneuverability or targeting penalties, to simulate different base chassis.

E.g. "SUV" - lets you use more build points but gives attackers rerolls against you, or "Subcompact" - costs build points but gives you an extra defense die from any facing, etc.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote