Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 06-08-2021, 05:09 PM   #11
TippetsTX

Default Re: "Against the grain" charge attacks

I've always taken issue with what constitutes a 'charge' in TFT. 3 hexes only amounts to 12' in the new rules and covering that distance in 2 or 3 seconds is, at best, a brisk walk.

That said, I am in complete agreement with the others that the hex-path doesn't matter as long as a straight line can be drawn between the attacker and his target. If you have to navigate some kind of obstacle or obstruction, however, that should eliminate the advantage of the pole-weapon 'charge'.

Last edited by TippetsTX; 06-08-2021 at 07:23 PM.
TippetsTX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 11:06 AM   #12
David Bofinger

Default Re: "Against the grain" charge attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippetsTX View Post
I've always taken issue with what constitutes a 'charge' in TFT. 3 hexes only amounts to 12' in the new rules and covering that distance in 2 or 3 seconds is, at best, a brisk walk.
Perhaps the 5s per turn includes a generous allowance for time wasted due to fog of war and the like, and actions like this actually happen a good deal faster.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote