Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-13-2021, 10:30 AM   #401
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
So what are you folk's next step?

subvert some more people? break out the prisoners at the moment promised? mind control the rest of the officers?
All of those seem like good ideas, but the latter may be key to finally assuming control of the ship. I'm not sure how close we are to "end game", but definitely getting closer.

Breaking out the prisoners and storming the armoury would create some big problems for the rest of the crew.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:31 AM   #402
Hide

I think not freeing the prisoners “as promised” might cause negative momentum for us. It would be like that scene of GOT where Ramsay let his captive free but only as a game. I suggest we work with the officers to subvert more people prior to the prison break.

In terms of %, how much power from motive have we seized with the last subversion operation?
Old 10-13-2021, 01:33 PM   #403
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I think not freeing the prisoners “as promised” might cause negative momentum for us. It would be like that scene of GOT where Ramsay let his captive free but only as a game. I suggest we work with the officers to subvert more people prior to the prison break.
Yeah, I agree. It'd be bad for morale to not meet the deadline. Everyone in the cells probably heard so there's that.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #404
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
In terms of %, how much power from motive have we seized with the last subversion operation?

So each section has around 180 people working on it, split into three 60 man shifts. These are intentionally padded in case the ship takes lots of damage: 120 people can generally run things fine... at least theoretically. Daymar's mess is around 30 people taken down, and the poisoned mess is another 30, so they're operating at around that 120 number. They're slowly getting some of the poisoned mess back.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2021, 12:18 AM   #405
Hide

Quote:
So each section has around 180 people working on it, split into three 60 man shifts. These are intentionally padded in case the ship takes lots of damage: 120 people can generally run things fine... at least theoretically. Daymar's mess is around 30 people taken down, and the poisoned mess is another 30, so they're operating at around that 120 number. They're slowly getting some of the poisoned mess back.
What about "the people with guns"? Do we have significant fire-power in our side?
Old 10-15-2021, 08:34 AM   #406
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
What about "the people with guns"? Do we have significant fire-power in our side?

You have 11/ 88 security folks, all on the same shift. You also have 6/40 officers, four of whom are on that "vulnerable" shift.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-15-2021, 12:02 PM   #407
Hide

Quote:
You have 11/ 88 security folks, all on the same shift. You also have 6/40 officers, four of whom are on that "vulnerable" shift.
Interesting 1/8 on both sides; I think we could make it with 3/8, what do you think? (party).

How many prisoners are in for the prison break?
Old 10-15-2021, 12:44 PM   #408
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:

Four doors are locked.

Old 10-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #409
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Interesting 1/8 on both sides; I think we could make it with 3/8, what do you think? (party).

3/8 seems a long way off. I wonder about using the numbers we have to 'defeat in detail' - bringing overwhelming numbers of those we have against small numbers of the other side. Daymar could then work to subvert any prisoners, and thus increase the size of our force for the next confrontation, and so on.
Old 10-15-2021, 04:40 PM   #410
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
3/8 seems a long way off. I wonder about using the numbers we have to 'defeat in detail' - bringing overwhelming numbers of those we have against small numbers of the other side. Daymar could then work to subvert any prisoners, and thus increase the size of our force for the next confrontation, and so on.
I dunno; I think 3/8th could work, we'd just need to get creative. Like seize control of life support and gas everyone. Or massacre the sleeping security officers. Or something.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote