Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #81
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

The halls are basically deserted now. Before, they were full of pedestrians and joggers. Now they're empty.

Its very easy to find the medical bay: a long hall lined with personal pods leads you to a round hall with public/commercial rooms, including the east medical bay.

When she gets to the medical bay, Its surrounded by five people. Two of them are on beds on wheels, solid all the way to the floor. one of them looks very sick, and Two of them have extremely vacant looks on their faces. Doctors Kuse and West are still there, but Ostav is gone.

Kuse is moving people in and out of the scanning chair, and West is pouring over data on a screen. Both seem very frazzled.

Dr. Kuse: "Olive, why are you ... oh!, Ok. But... never mind. I'll send you instructions."

Dr. Kuse continues to move people in and out of the chair, but instructions appear on the SAU anyways.

The SAU brings up a list of names, with pictures next to them. The pictures are those of the people around the door. It has an order for when they should be scanned. Some of them also exhibit messages, such as:
  • leaving medical queue. Please return to queue.
  • Scanning complete, please direct to exit
  • Prepare for testing
There are a few people who are on the list who aren't in the area at all. It seems that Dr. Kuse mostly needs help directing people... people who are mostly invalid, or who are wandering off for some reason.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #82
Plane

*she checks to see if there might be multiple exit points or if there is just the entrance she came through, and prioritizes these cases first since that seems simplest*

After that, will help with returning roamers to queue.

If that's done, will ask about how to prep new arrivals for testing (presumably to join queue for first time)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:07 AM   #83
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The Medical bay has a single door, but most of the people are outside of it, standing in the hall. There are ultimately four ways to leave that hall system, but where is there really to go?

rough map of hallways

The strait halls dump into pod rooms and restroom areas, while the round halls have various rooms coming off of them, Including the medical bay, a gym, A "elevator lobby" quite close to the center, and various work-spaces, all seemingly equipment oriented.

When She asks Heera about exits, it turns out there is a second floor to this structure under this level, and a lot of cargo and transportation happens on the bottom floor. Lifts from one to the other are very common (the delivery system in the pod rooms are among them) but they have some to the "residential level" every 100 feet of hallway or so.

One patient needing to exit isn't moving, and the table moves her down the hall on its own.

Another is supposed to be leaving, but she keeps on spasming, and nearly falling off the table. She is making weak noises. Heera directs Olive to help the table strap her safely so she doesn't fall off.

How will she return the roamers to the queue? Its easy to find them, but then what?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 11-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #84
Plane

She'll start with helping the machine engage straps on the spasmer, I assume that involves some kind of limb-grappling? In which case unless she has some kinda latent combat skills it'd be rolling to Grapple using her DX of 12?

I'd be a little more apprehensive about grappling roamers (doubt she could shove them around, or that if would go over well) so I suppose she'll approach the least-threatening looking roamer and stand 6 feet in front of them (too close and might not notice and trip over her) and say try and catch their attention by slowly waving and saying "excuse me?"
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #85
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Roll DX. I'll let you know if she ends up with a combat grappling skill. remember she has ST 6.

The man wandering aimlessly looks at her and says "Where are all the Peach Trees?"

Old 11-10-2018, 05:20 PM   #86
Plane

I rolled a 6, hijacked that room 278 you set up at https://dicelog.com/logdice

I made a determined telegraphic attack (figure they aren't going to try dodging or hitting me) for +8 to avoid failure (just realize this would be base 20 not 18 as I input) reduced to 18 (not 16) but since telegraphic doesn't increase chance of crit success, it's 14 for that purpose so 6 shouldn't be a crit.

I'm not sure if we're using control points, if so thrust d6-4 resulted in a rolled 1, meaning -3, so I guess I don't get any and can't actually create any DX/ST penalties.
Old 11-12-2018, 08:55 AM   #87
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Olive is startled to know quite well how to restrain someone. That doesn't make up for her lack of strength though. She feels an urge to lay them on their back rather than use brute strength to secure them, but that probably won't work. They are too strong for her at first, but the table is helping as well, and she avoids the flailing arms from hitting her face.

She's quite tired by the time she's got them secured. but that's only one person. Onto the next!

PS: I was looking at her sheet, and she really should have SM-1.

I generally don't do detailed combat for lost in dreams. Its more social, mystical, and so forth.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:47 PM   #88
Plane

(right, dwarfism gives SM-1, forgot to note that outside the disadvantage though, I guess that might help with flailing arms being a bit more likely to miss?)

Olive is confused by Aimless-Man. "SAU are there any peach tree on board the ship?"
Old 11-14-2018, 07:37 AM   #89
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Heera: "There are peach trees in several VR libraries on board the ship, and some dried peaches in storage."

Old 11-14-2018, 12:44 PM   #90
Plane

"Could you show me images from these pages on-screen so I can pick one?"

(if so, I guess roll photography or art skill something to pick the most magnificent one?)

If this is possible, will show the SAU's illustration to the wanderer and hopefully use it as a lure back to line.