Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-14-2022, 10:42 AM   #11
peruses

Default Re: Can we get a book all about Metatronic Generators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Perhaps have a metatronic generators chapter in a Gadgets and Inventions book instead?
Or have Metatronics be the first installment in a new supplement line for gadgets and inventions?
peruses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 11:18 AM   #12
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ryujin View Post
But on a more serious note, much like Sorcery before it Christoper's Metatronic Generator does have a lot going for it. With a little careful nuggin' and proddin' I think it has a lot room to grow into covering even more situations.
Agreed. I still need to restore it from my old computer, but I took heavy inspiration from Metatronic Generators for making the magic item design system I intend to use for Oubliette (albeit with increasing price-per-point rather than linear).

Quote:
Heck, it already does guns and battlesuits so why not see if it can handle full on vehicles.
That would certainly be interesting.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #13
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daigoro View Post
Perhaps have a metatronic generators chapter in a Gadgets and Inventions book instead?
Metatronic Generators on its own is a small supplement. I feel as just a chapter it wont do enough justice, were likely to only get one such book rather than a series after all.
That said a section or chapters on Inventing would be nice.

Quote:
I believe there were only two. There was the OG article in 3/46 Weird Science and the follow up Metatronic Generators II which covered ultra-tech stuff like battlesuits but I can't remember for the life of me what Pyramid it was in.
Same here, hence my desire for a supplement. Even without expanded material I would buy it just to have it readily accessible - same with many Pyramid articles. But since the author is still active I would expect and hope for an expanded treatment.
There are several articles I would pay another $5+ dollars for just to see their own supplement - in fact Ill start a thread on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Entity View Post
There's an extension in Pyramid 4/3 "Sci-Fi Tech I" too.

Personally I'd like to see an extension in scope to a bit of a wider discussion between $ cost and character point costs - when to use which depending on campaign type and purpose, suggested conversion ratios (or at least, things to consider). For example, DR at high TL is cheap in $ but expensive in points, which would you charge for what sort of campaign?
Yeah, also different TL and Skill or science modifiers.
For example Bioenginnerering might make some things cheaper but take longer. What bout Magic? What powers could shorten production time? I have some ideas I'll share with the author for his consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peruses View Post
Or have Metatronics be the first installment in a new supplement line for gadgets and inventions?
I dont see it, but maybe if the pitch is just right or Kromm and Steven feel inspired. We have treasure tables and such for fantasy, why not for technology? It could be like the Power-Ups series.
say GURPS Inventing 1: Metatronic Generators with supplements like GURPS Inventing: Gadgeteer, GURPS Inventing: The Living (a Biotech supplement), GURPS Inventing: Ultratech Weapons (maybe let David Pulver publish some of his material for the VDS supplement were unlikely to see).
Those are just off the top of my head and I am positive various authors could come up with more ideas. As for customers, who doesn't like new gear and toys to play with?
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:06 PM   #14
Proteus

I'd happily buy such a book.

It seems like it might even fit within the Power-Ups series' umbrella, if TPTB didn't want to start up a new sub-line. (Or, obviously, depending on length, it might be a stand-alone title.)
Old 02-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #15
woefulhc

This is something I would buy. Getting a book on this, to me, is a no brainer. Much easier to keep track of than to figure out which pyramids I need to buy and then reference.

I think discussion of considerations on pricing for various types of settings would be excellent. As would some examples of how to price for one or two example settings. (Technomancer, Reign of Steel, Banestorm, Infinite Worlds...)
woefulhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #16
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

This is relevant to my interests.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #17
Lameth

Yes please bring it on!
Lameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:52 PM   #18
Phantasm

I really hope Christopher writes this book to expand the system. A 16 or 24-page book for it would be an excellent addition to my library!

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:08 PM   #19
Chuggins

Hi, I literally just made an account to ask for this. Maybe even a Daughter of Necessity book.
Chuggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:59 PM   #20
starslayer

I would also purchase such a book.

Metatonic generators has had just about the perfect amount of time to bounce around in Christopher's head as well as get some use in his own games that I imagine such a revisit would also expand on the concept really nicely.
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps supplements