Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2021, 12:15 PM   #721
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

At the meeting, Pacifica explains the situation to Hua, she tells her about their achievements with the officials and Zybo:

Besides Zybo, we have subverted:

Lieutenant Chojo, Shields 1st mate.
Lieutenant Jokuchi, Lasers 2nd mate.
Lieutenant Jivithi, Motive 2nd mate.
Lieutenant Vibibu, Life Support 2nd mate.
Lieutenant Nichapu, Missiles 1st mate.
Lieutenant Vinobi, Navigation 2nd mate.

All of them have become zealots of La Quinta República. And following our plan, Nichapu has been brainwashed to believe he helped Chiki in breaking the hyperdrives.

Day, you still have to find Chiki so I am giving you her information right now (which was in Zybo’s dossier).

We must put the rest of the officers in contact, and have them cooperate in our mission. And I have 2 plans for this:

FIRST PLAN
Quote:
Hua, you could become invisible and leave them a note to have them rendezvous.
Place and time should be: At a seldom employed storage room, during my off-hours. Tomorrow after my shift.
I can talk trough the radio without actually speaking, so…
We could leave a radio in a room, and we could speak to them trough it. This way we can explain what we need to explain to them, and leave them the instructions without showing ourselves.
I propose we do this before the hyperdrives break.
SECOND PLAN
Quote:
I could fast-talk my way towards a subverted officer, namely Chojo, leveraging in the fact that I have been helping Zybo in spotting the Dread Stormers. Then I could let him know the names of the officers that have been subverted and, as the procedures suggest, let him know that they are suspicious. I can do this during or after my next shift.
Day’s section lockdown is imminent. It’s been agreed they will stay at the depot, and once we reach said place, there will be major changes of personnel and a general resupply.

Plus, about 10 days after departure, this ship’s first engagement in combat will take place.

We have about 2 and a half days to change the game; for this matter Day plans to break the hyperdrives (he will share the plan with us in a moment), which might put his section in lockdown earlier than expected. To prevent Day from being “removed”, I have acquired the information of Nijothu (from the shield section) which Day can supplant using his powers before breaking the hyperdrives; Day might need your assistance with Nijothu, Hua.


Pacifica then share’s the Nijothu’s information with her team.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 08:21 AM   #722
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Hua, you could become invisible and leave them a note to have them rendezvous.
Place and time should be: At a seldom employed storage room, during my off-hours. Tomorrow after my shift.
I can talk trough the radio without actually speaking, so…
We could leave a radio in a room, and we could speak to them trough it. This way we can explain what we need to explain to them, and leave them the instructions without showing ourselves.
I propose we do this before the hyperdrives break.
I dunno how practical it will be to get a radio. I think it might be better to let them operate autonomously and only contact them if there's something big we want to do (i.e. raid the armoury and start taking the ship) or if we need their help for some reason (i.e. brainwash security). We should probably leave the revealed saboteur out of it though. Maybe tell them that Nichapu's been caught and to avoid them if possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
which Day can supplant using his powers before breaking the hyperdrives; Day might need your assistance with Nijothu, Hua.
"If it would help, I could try to make more fake suppressant pills and swap out the ones in Nijothu's mess."

"Maybe we ought to step up our brainwashing efforts."

Last edited by TGLS; 06-16-2021 at 12:03 PM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:13 PM   #723
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I dunno how practical it will be to get a radio. I think it might be better to let them operate autonomously and only contact them if there's something big we want to do (i.e. raid the armoury and start taking the ship) or if we need their help for some reason (i.e. brainwash security). We should probably leave the revealed saboteur out of it though. Maybe tell them that Nichapu's been caught and to avoid them if possible.(...)
The radio will be useful, not only for this matter, but it seems they don't have any in here. So, I guess it is better taking plan #2, right? Changing topic, Day can tell us about the "brainwashing operations."
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2021, 02:31 PM   #724
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Day considers all Hua and Pacifica have to say, then responds, "My first priority will be to give Chiki memories that match Nichapu's. Second will be to swap with Nijothu and to also subvert his buddy. I'll tell Pothi I've been asked to go 'under-cover' to help uncover Dreadstormer's, and that he's to treat Nijothu as though he's me, and not to discuss the under-cover assignment with him. Lastly will be the effort to sabotage the engines. Since Jivithi is in motive section, we should involve him in this plan. I'll mentally suggest or subvert several crew to disable the engines, and if need be I'll help as well, and this should occur before my section is locked-down.

Hua, can you get a message to Jivithi instructing him to disable the engines and telling him that help to do so will be forth-coming?
"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 08:22 AM   #725
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Hua, can you get a message to Jivithi instructing him to disable the engines and telling him that help to do so will be forth-coming?[/COLOR]"
"I'm sure that could be done. Would this work:"
Lt. Jivithi: Please assist in disabling the engines. Dreadstormer support will be provided. Destroy this message after reading. For the glory of the fifth.


"You sure you don't want me to replace the suppressants in Nijothu's mess?"
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 09:04 AM   #726
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
(...)"You sure you don't want me to replace the suppressants in Nijothu's mess?"
Day, I think this will be of great use to you.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #727
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I'm sure that could be done. Would this work:"
Lt. Jivithi: Please assist in disabling the engines. Dreadstormer support will be provided. Destroy this message after reading. For the glory of the fifth.


"You sure you don't want me to replace the suppressants in Nijothu's mess?"
"Yes, that message sounds good, and if you can replace the suppressants in Nijothu's mess, that would be helpful, too."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:34 PM   #728
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OK, now Hua has a new to do list.

1) Get the message to Lt. Jivithi. When I do that depends on which shift he works. Given he's 2nd mate, that would be now?
2) Pilfer the medical cabinet. I'll be doing during sleep segment. Then I'll make up fake suppressants (Could I use my previous mess to make up the pills, as I already cased it?)
2a) I'll also snatch some other drug (perhaps narcotic or otherwise dangerous) to mix in to a second set of fake suppressants. I'd like to replace the suppressants in Daymar's current mess, after the switchover's done to disrupt the repair effort.

I assume the meeting is otherwise over.

Assuming Jivithi's working now, I'll try finding an activity nearby the engineering floor, then making an excuse to Thibi to slip away for a moment, then slipping the note into Jivithi's pocket.
Quote:
[480] 21-06-17 23:33:38 CEST
Research
3d6 <= 13
6 + 3 + 5 = 14 ... failure
Well I guess I couldn't find anything nearby then. So I guess I'll need a bigger lie?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:46 AM   #729
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The meeting was at 2 hours into the second shift, and lasted some time. You expect 65.5 hours to pass until you arrive at the depot and 63.5 hours before Daymar's shift is locked down. Daymar and Hua are in their off hours in the evening. Pacifica is supposed to be asleep. Pacifica is down 2.5 hours of sleep so far.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post

1) Get the message to Lt. Jivithi. When I do that depends on which shift he works. Given he's 2nd mate, that would be now?
He's working right now



Quote:
2) Pilfer the medical cabinet. I'll be doing during sleep segment. Then I'll make up fake suppressants (Could I use my previous mess to make up the pills, as I already cased it?)
Using your previous mess is probably fine. when you say "sleep segment", I take it you mean "My sleep segment"? the ship doesn't have a less busy time.


Quote:
Assuming Jivithi's working now, I'll try finding an activity nearby the engineering floor, then making an excuse to Thibi to slip away for a moment, then slipping the note into Jivithi's pocket.

Well I guess I couldn't find anything nearby then. So I guess I'll need a bigger lie?
Indeed. Though Thibi has had her mind twisted so she'll accept most any story you tell.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:52 AM   #730
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Using your previous mess is probably fine. when you say "sleep segment", I take it you mean "My sleep segment"? the ship doesn't have a less busy time.
Yeah, I meant my sleep segment. I think it matched up with the time I cased the mess previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Indeed. Though Thibi has had her mind twisted so she'll accept most any story you tell.
OK, I'll tell her I'm having an affair with an officer and I'll need her to cover for me for half an hour and she can't tell anyone. (OOC: Is that enough time? Is it way too much?)
Quote:
[481] 21-06-18 18:13:37 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13 - 3 + 6 + 6 = 15 ... failure
Well on one hand she'll believe anything, but on the other hand I really blew it. Maybe I can try a second fast-talk to reinforce it?
Quote:
[482] 21-06-18 18:48:34 CEST
Fast-Talk
3d6 <= 13 : 3 + 1 + 1 = 5 ... success
Now trudging on: stealth to get up to the engineering floor, observation to spot the Jivthi, and Filch (maybe should be Pickpocket? I could try default) to place the note on him. Then I'll check time.
Quote:
[483] 21-06-18 18:51:12 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 4 + 4 + 1 = 9 ... success
[484] 21-06-18 18:51:40 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13 : 5 + 3 + 1 = 9 ... success
[485] 21-06-18 18:52:03 CEST
Filch
3d6 <= 14 : 4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... success
Hm... that's probably too close if I needed to default.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.