Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 06-22-2014, 03:17 AM   #11
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: GM Burnout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
I don't know if it qualifies, but I've certainly had periods when I couldn't come up with new ideas, new adventures.
I've never done the amounts of GMing that some people in this thread have.

I do sometimes run out of ideas and variations in a campaigns that have constrained themes, and where one can't introduce new ones without jumping over sharks. I have grown more cautious about starting such campaigns, because I prefer a campaign to last a long time.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #12
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: GM Burnout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
There have been times. Generally I gradually ramp up the amount of GMing I do, until suddenly I find I can't keep it all moving at the same time; then I back down and do other things for a bit. I do this for fun, after all.
+1. I took a break for over a year recently. I had a lot of stuff going on and just wanted to play for a while without thinking hard about it. Of course, nobody even said anything about it to me, because I have the luxury of a large group with a bunch of GMs that usually has at least two games going and likes to change things up on a regular basis, so YMMV on the attempt:success ratio with that maneuver.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game mastering