Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-31-2022, 08:21 AM   #1191
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"We are at or close to the point of no return here. As soon as someone twigs to the prison-break, the whole ship is going on alert. I'm not sure we can afford to wait another 8, 10, 12 hours to take the last security shift all at once."
"Well, maybe the NCOs will just assume the two guards aren't lying and assume the guards who relieve them aren't lying either."

"But if you want action now, then I'm up for it. Quo vadis?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 05:13 PM   #1192
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Well, maybe the NCOs will just assume the two guards aren't lying and assume the guards who relieve them aren't lying either."

"But if you want action now, then I'm up for it. Quo vadis?"
"Yeah, let's do this."
Old 01-31-2022, 05:35 PM   #1193
TGLS

Quote:
"Yeah, let's do this."
"Great. I think we need to take control of:
-> Life Support
-> Missiles
-> & Engines

In that order. They'll probably use Life Support to suffocate or gas us if they can lock us in a particular area. A lunatic in the missiles area could probably blow the ship apart or at least damage it badly enough to end our mission early. I imagine there are nasty things that could be done with the engines too. I'd say we should do something about the hydrogen bricks, but those are everywhere and fire suppression is probably easy enough to handle.
"

I pause briefly.
"Remember, we only need to deliver a ship, a crew is just a nice bonus."

"Maybe if we took control of the bridge swiftly enough, we could just decapitate the whole chain of command and leave the rest of the ship a mop up job?"
Old 01-31-2022, 06:40 PM   #1194
Hide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If I understand correctly, the officers are just providing backup if something goes wrong? Or did you folks never specify?
IMO, they should provide support as the operation takes place. Something simple like disinformation could help.

What is your opinion (TGLS, Gnomes)?
Old 02-01-2022, 04:57 AM   #1195
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
IMO, they should provide support as the operation takes place. Something simple like disinformation could help.

What is your opinion (TGLS, Gnomes)?
Agreed. The officers can support and distract.

If we split the security forces we have into four half-shifts of 14 men, we can send one of those contingents to each of those three locations and the bridge. Ideally we would have a Dreadstormer with each force, but perhaps we can leave the Engine crew without. I'd suggest that Daymar go with the crew heading towards the bridge, Hua go with the crew heading towards life support, and Pacifica with the crew heading towards Missiles. Thoughts?

Edit: We should each have a weapon, at least a sidearm.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:18 AM   #1196
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Note: there are two command centers. One on deck 5 block F and one on deck 9 block C. As a reminder, here are the floor plans. Missiles is also spread over two locations, at the bottom and top of the ship. Not to say that one team can't take out both, just providing details.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:31 PM   #1197
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Note: there are two command centers. One on deck 5 block F and one on deck 9 block C. As a reminder, here are the floor plans. Missiles is also spread over two locations, at the bottom and top of the ship. Not to say that one team can't take out both, just providing details.
Thanks for the reminder, it's been a while since I've looked at the floor plans. In that case, do we concentrate on taking the two command centres and life support, with missiles and engines as follow-up?
Old 02-01-2022, 10:09 PM   #1198
TGLS

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, it's been a while since I've looked at the floor plans. In that case, do we concentrate on taking the two command centres and life support, with missiles and engines as follow-up?
Yeah I think we should focus on the command centers. The should defang the threat of life support too.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:16 AM   #1199
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Yeah I think we should focus on the command centers. The should defang the threat of life support too.
So, let's split the security into three, each with one Dreadstormer, and simultaneously take the two command centres and life support.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:55 AM   #1200
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post

Acknowledged.

Is pacifica doing anything else before returning to the security quarters and getting a weapon and an team to take a location?

Who is taking which location? who gets the Sargent? What weaponry is everyone going for? you can get pistols and riffles for either kinetic weapons or laser weapons. use the weapons from basic, kinetics are TL9, lasers are TL10.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote