Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-22-2021, 05:08 PM   #61
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Please let me know the result of recover energy.
To quote DF: Spells;

Lets you (and only you!) quickly recover FP. At skill 15 or higher, you regain 1 FP every 5 minutes instead of every 10 minutes; at skill 20 or higher, you get 1 FP every 2 minutes.
You must rest quietly to benefit. While resting, you can maintain most spells but not those that require concentration. If you have an Energy Reserve of the same realm as this spell, it recovers at the same rate. Energy Reserves regenerate even without rest!
No ritual or dice roll is required for Recover Energy. It does nothing in areas with low or no sanctity (clerical) or mana (wizardly), but is especially effective in high sanctity or mana. See Sanctity (p. 5) and Mana (pp. 7-8).

Last edited by ajardoor; 03-22-2021 at 05:28 PM.
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:22 PM   #62
PumpkinLorica

Thank you, I understand, I don't need to roll at SL 14!
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #63
ajardoor

The Natural Philosophy roll failed with a roll of 12.

The other rolls for Bain won't need to be rolled yet.
Old 03-25-2021, 03:01 AM   #64
ajardoor

If you are going to start combat, post your Basic Speed in the OOC thread for reference. Along with your Manoeuvre and relevant effective level/s.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:03 PM   #65
Hide

Bain’s basic speed is 5.5.

Since we have the initiative, Bain will put his boots in his bag and do stealth (14+1) and camouflage (16). Camouflage calls for a contest of perception to attempt an attack against Bain.

He will get close to the creatures, about 5 yards away, and do ranged combat.

Preferably, he will take a higher spot to cash a bonus from firing downward (B407): He wants to place himself at 4 yards of height and 1 yard of length, to reduce the range penalty from -2 (5 yards) to -1 (4/2 +1 = 3 yards).

This also gives the creatures targeting Bain a -4 to hit, this is shooting upward (4+4+1= 9 yards).

(It is one of the things he was attentive to during the trip).

Bain will take cover to gain an edge in battle. And when moving he will always have his back leaning against the “walls”, and will always keep a piece of cover accordingly to the situation.

With this, creatures aiming at Bain will have another -2 to hit (half exposed parts).

Alternatively, Bain will keep a 5-yard distance if on equal ground, he will cut this distance to 3 yards (under cover) if there are no ranged enemies; if the situation demands facing a melee fighter, he will keep a 5-yard distance. If a target starts abusing a shield, Bain will shoot to over-penetrate it.

If the targets are wearing armor, he will start with bodkin arrows aiming for at least 2 seconds to the vitals of the leader (15+2) in the first shot.

The following attacks will be targeted to the creature’s center of mass, quick-shooting (17-1), using the arrows accordingly to the previous step. He will take the ranged enemies first (mages, then archers) and subsequently the larger (melee) ones then the smaller ones.

If the enemy spotted him, and if the coming attack was going to hit, he would use acrobatic feverish dodge: Acrobatics (12), then feverish dodge (9+2+2).

Luck will be reserved to re-roll critical hits against Bain.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:29 PM   #66
ajardoor

Quote:
What kind of creatures are they?
What’s their number?
Is the gear obviously theirs? Does it look like the loot of a raid, does it fit their size?
What are they arguing about?
Bain does not know - maybe they are simply deformed people?
There are ten of them.
Some of it looks small enough to be theirs - but there are a few things like packs that seem unwieldy in size for them...
You do not understand their language.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:25 PM   #67
PumpkinLorica

Gathika will have her sword at hand, ready for combat but not in a threatening way. She will take cover behind the cart.

Her basic speed is 5.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:57 AM   #68
vicious Violence

Vic has a speed of 5, and I too will advance with Telrith and Chalkfist with sword ready to attack.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 10:21 AM   #69
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vic has a speed of 5, and I too will advance with Telrith and Chalkfist with sword ready to attack.
Telrith's speed is 5. He's staying with the Gathika, as is Clodstomper. Chalkfist has been assigned to advance with Vic and Gottfried. ("Digger and Sheild")

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:48 PM   #70
ajardoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain’s basic speed is 5.5.

Since we have the initiative, Bain will put his boots in his bag and do stealth (14+1) and camouflage (16). Camouflage calls for a contest of perception to attempt an attack against Bain.

He will get close to the creatures, about 5 yards away, and do ranged combat.

Preferably, he will take a higher spot to cash a bonus from firing downward (B407): He wants to place himself at 4 yards of height and 1 yard of length, to reduce the range penalty from -2 (5 yards) to -1 (4/2 +1 = 3 yards).

This also gives the creatures targeting Bain a -4 to hit, this is shooting upward (4+4+1= 9 yards).

(It is one of the things he was attentive to during the trip).

Bain will take cover to gain an edge in battle. And when moving he will always have his back leaning against the “walls”, and will always keep a piece of cover accordingly to the situation.

With this, creatures aiming at Bain will have another -2 to hit (half exposed parts).

Alternatively, Bain will keep a 5-yard distance if on equal ground, he will cut this distance to 3 yards (under cover) if there are no ranged enemies; if the situation demands facing a melee fighter, he will keep a 5-yard distance. If a target starts abusing a shield, Bain will shoot to over-penetrate it.

If the targets are wearing armor, he will start with bodkin arrows aiming for at least 2 seconds to the vitals of the leader (15+2) in the first shot.

The following attacks will be targeted to the creature’s center of mass, quick-shooting (17-1), using the arrows accordingly to the previous step. He will take the ranged enemies first (mages, then archers) and subsequently the larger (melee) ones then the smaller ones.

If the enemy spotted him, and if the coming attack was going to hit, he would use acrobatic feverish dodge: Acrobatics (12), then feverish dodge (9+2+2).

Luck will be reserved to re-roll critical hits against Bain.
Alright, rolling...
Bain rolled 8, the tribals rolled 8, too. Bain is successful at Stealth.
He climbed a tree that is 5 yards away from the tribals.
The tribals are not armoured. Bain does not use bokin arrows. There are no mages, so Bain shoots a tribal with a ready blowpipe. He rolls a 10! With no Active Defense for a stealth attack, he hits! Roll damage, Bain!

All the tribals have Basic Speed 6.00, and must roll Cowardice to resist fleeing the fight right away. Rolled a 11, they resist!

Every PC gets one free turn of action before combat properly starts!

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, fantasy, magic, martial arts