Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 09-02-2020, 05:52 PM   #1
C-Moon

Default Closest Call In A TTRPG?

What is your closest call in a TTRPG?

That is, whats a memory you have where you, your party or an ally came so close to losing it all but be it through tactics, rolls, luck, or that one ability you had been saving that you recovered?

For me, it was during a one-shot community game we did for Suzerain in the Wilderlands campaign. I was using one of our pre-made characters ‘Pretty Boy’ who was a great marksman but had his fair share of hindrances. While being attacked by huge monstrous wasps, one of my party members was close to pushing up the daisies. We kept missing and missing and missing and then boom, straight shot, aced and with a raise narrowly avoiding my teammate as he swatted away the wasps and I blasted those bugs. Perhaps not the end of the world scenario but it was a great experience after so many failures to then bring it all back around.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QSS...ew?usp=sharing

Savage Mojo
C-Moon#4331 at Discord
Kickstarter coming October 4th 2020. Join our mailing list and get a FREE Shane Hensley adventure

Last edited by C-Moon; 09-02-2020 at 06:02 PM.
C-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 11:23 PM   #2
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Closest Call In A TTRPG?

A 2nd edition D&D game where my best friend and I (a 1st level monk and 1st level wizard respectively) killed an undead beholder. It involved a lot of natural 20s on our part, a lot of natural 1s on the DMs part, and a very angry DM at the end of the night who banned us from his future games for laughing too hard. It was one those circumstances where you end up succeeding because you do not know that it is impossible to succeed.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #3
C-Moon

Default Re: Closest Call In A TTRPG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
A 2nd edition D&D game where my best friend and I (a 1st level monk and 1st level wizard respectively) killed an undead beholder. It involved a lot of natural 20s on our part, a lot of natural 1s on the DMs part, and a very angry DM at the end of the night who banned us from his future games for laughing too hard. It was one those circumstances where you end up succeeding because you do not know that it is impossible to succeed.
Shame about your DM reacting that way :( but damn it sounds like a rad session! Nothing is impossible in TTRPGs! Not so long as you keep bringing the hope :D

Savage Mojo
C-Moon#4331 at Discord
Kickstarter coming October 4th 2020. Join our mailing list and get a FREE Shane Hensley adventure
C-Moon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
savage worlds, suzerain, suzerain legends, swade