Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 05-03-2022, 02:27 PM   #181
PumpkinLorica

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Hey better let's get to safer sitio (Bibingui takes command for the vehicle). She asks PURRITO to hack the droid/ship to avoid trouble.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:53 PM   #182
SID

@Vanta: He discovers a couple of babies in the basket.
@Bibingui: You should roll hacking (roll and I can tell you how long it’ll take).
@Togosho: Will you explain the source of your vision?

The masked man makes a polite gesture and listens to Togosho's story. The droid waits for traveler to leave, Lucy and the kid listen as well... Things run smoothly regardless of the "warning's" nature; however, Bibingui's actions and Vanta's remarks change the game.

Lucy gets defensive and stands up:
"The sun rises when the rooster sings, and you get to see the day because it sang. So, if a man gets off the bus in your fictional story, right before you have an accident of sorts, it’s the man’s fault. That's madness! ARE YOU ROBBERS OR WHAT?".

The masked man makes some space between you and the group, he gets off the shuttle and speaks:

"Hey! 'Right Thoughts' 'Right Words' "Right Action'. Is this some kind of joke? Like, a hidden camera show? Who are you anyway?

The droid is activating its defensive protocols:
"Civilians, behave. Refusal to collaborate is an insistence on suicide."
Old 05-03-2022, 10:00 PM   #183
PumpkinLorica

(Binigui whispers to Togoshow and Vanta "follow my flow, this is risking our mission, maybe well be safe if we simply buy time. Togoshow, where is all this happening?" She climbs a seat to reach Togoshow's ear.)

She makes her best to play a good old lady voice/manners.

"Excuse our behavior, my friends were just kidding, I apologize. We are just humble travelers that tell scary stories to children. It's was a tradition at my home (the moon Endor)".
Old 05-04-2022, 01:10 PM   #184
vicious Violence

Vanta realizes his brashness. Rolls psychology to calm the situation (rolled 5).

Sorry, I have issues communicating
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 08:05 AM   #185
the_matrix_walker

"In the force, I have seen an attack, starfighters destroy this shuttle in the process. Pilot, send an alert to the control tower and have them check for incoming starfighters."

Togosho searches the sky for signs of the attack or the ship in his vision as he steps out of the shuttle.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 04:06 PM   #186
SID

Lucy: FORCE? THE MEN WITH THE GLOWSTICKS!

The masked man speaks:

Hush lady. It’s not glowsticks, it’s LIGHTSABERS, they are capable of bouncing laser beams back at you and cutting through rancor’s skin as if it was butter… Not all that wield them are evil, but lightsabers always mean trouble.

Then he talks to the party:

Word is that remnants of Vader’s meditation chamber lie within the shelter. Strange people gather there and speak to chunks of metal looking for his “essence”. Now that you mention the force, you do look like them… What are you doing here?

Regardless…

I’ve observed a period of silent unrest’s been overtaking the accretion since it reached this destination. Perhaps what you say is real. Why would you need to defend a place from itself, especially if things are peaceful? Wouldn’t that be an offense on its own?

If it’s several on the same lead, it makes sense to me.
If you can tell me of the danger zones in your vision, I could tell you were to go.

Togosho gets off the shuttle and checks the sky, he isn’t sure if this is a disturbance in force or a vestige of his premonition but it’s like a flood of black water rushes in and clouds his senses: He feels something might come out from the dark bowels of space anytime, soon.

The pilot (droid) seems to understand the situation has calmed down a bit, and even replies to Togosho:

WEATHER CONDITIONS FINE, SKY IS CLEAR, CHECKS COMPLETE.
WE AREN’T MAKING GOOD TIME. *
ALERT! PLEASE, TAKE A SEAT OR LEAVE THE SHUTTLE.

*This confirms that you have delayed the shuttle!

OOC: 3 seconds for the “impact”. This means you each have 3 actions, Togosho has a freebie to recall his vision with a roll of IQ-4 and point somewhere safe.

Is Togosho going to be able of saving the children whose parents he murdered?

Can you all make it in time?
Old 05-18-2022, 11:16 PM   #187
vicious Violence

Vanta tosses his bionic eye to the sky in order to scan it. I use one of my magic points to buy success.

Let us see what is up there!
Old 05-19-2022, 10:18 AM   #188
SID

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
Vanta tosses his bionic eye to the sky in order to scan it. I use one of my magic points to buy success.

Let us see what is up there!
@Vanta you’ve spent one of your actions.

You discover a faint divergence of electromagnetic energy in a relatively huge spot above you, think of a lenticular cloud. It's a huge spot, with smaller spots inside of it (which represent diversions in electromagnetic activity). Normally these are the result of "solar" flares or cosmic rays/dust showers that have little to no effect on a ship's shields and most of the equipment designed for spacefaring… This time it could mean something different!
Old 05-19-2022, 11:46 AM   #189
vicious Violence

Vanta shares the information with Purr1t0 and Togosho.

Seems the big ship might be sending smaller packages down. What do you make of it?
Old 05-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #190
PumpkinLorica

Purrito will try to find the impact zones using weather data and Vanta's data with applied math 15/15

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 05-20-2022 at 10:53 AM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars