Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-09-2022, 10:22 AM   #841
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The leader listens to the groups discussion about unveiling their "prize".
I guess who the leader is isn't particularly important.

Quote:
After about 15 minutes of back and forth, he interjects, and everyone falls into line: They will be exposing just the face of the prisoner, and they will be doing it tonight. He assigns them to come up with strategies for negotiating with it, down to the specific words.

It appears they are waiting to get the wording right, but also for an allied knight-shaman to show up to roll back the ice.
I suppose Halcyone heard all this from V or the swarms on Porglin and the others.

And I guess to go to wherever the block of ice is. I check the swarms on the three knights I'm monitoring. Are any of them on the move? Could the swarm send me an alert once they get near the granary (i.e. a block or two)? How many doors are there on the granary?

I'll try to contact V.

"Hey V. I'm thinking you can keep an eye out for the knight they requested while I seal up the doors of the granary. Once the knight gets here we can knock 'em out, then proceed with apprehending all the conspirators in the granary. Sound good to you?"
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 12:47 AM   #842
the_matrix_walker

Just to double-check, Vassarious has checked out the place a bit and the Melder is likely at another location than the granary, is that right? If not, they will mist around the place and see if they can locate it before going out to meet Halcyone.

If they are unable to locate the Melder:

"I believe they will be moving to another location where the Melder is being held. If the granary is blocked, they will be unable to do so.

We could waylay their knight and replace him, or continue to follow them until the location of the Stone Melder is revealed before we strike.

The threat will remain until the Stone Melder is secured, so I am hesitant to tip our hand before it is positively located.

----------------------------

How many Orcs are inside the granary? How large is it? Is it just an open area or are there rooms and levels? Is there anything else of interest here?

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 09-12-2022 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Removed some irrelevant either or dialog
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:19 AM   #843
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I guess who the leader is isn't particularly important.
No, the others are giving him a lot of deference and the decision was not made until he decided it. He just listened to his team before making the decision.

Quote:
I suppose Halcyone heard all this from V or the swarms on Porglin and the others.
From the swarms, yes. And it would have been from Porglin's housemate, not Porglin himself.

Quote:
And I guess to go to wherever the block of ice is.
You don't know where the block of ice is.

Quote:
I check the swarms on the three knights I'm monitoring. Are any of them on the move? Could the swarm send me an alert once they get near the granary (i.e. a block or two)? How many doors are there on the granary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Just to double-check, Vassarious has checked out the place a bit and the Melder is likely at another location than the granary, is that right? If not, they will mist around the place and see if they can locate it before going out to meet Halcyone.

How many Orcs are inside the granary? How large is it? Is it just an open area or are there rooms and levels? Is there anything else of interest in here?
The air elemental and the microbots move around the granary. The building has four main rooms to store grain in, plus a big front room for taking out and distributing the grain, and a back room to keep shovels, wheelbarrows, empty sacks, measuring scales, ladders, chutes, and other assorted gear The meeting is one of the empty grain storage rooms. Its about 25 feet around and 12 feet tall.

The meeting is in the front area, though they entered through the back. The front area has three large doors that are currently shut with bars. The back area has a single double door. The holding rooms are accessed through the main room.

The knights at the lodge are still there. The knight who was nodding at Uglin's speech seems to be at home with his family.

The soul melder is not in the granary, it seems.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 04:09 PM   #844
TGLS

Quote:
No, the others are giving him a lot of deference and the decision was not made until he decided it. He just listened to his team before making the decision.
Well I mean it's not important to us who he is. Like this isn't Uglin or anything.

Quote:
"I believe they will be moving to another location where the Melder is being held. If the granary is blocked, they will be unable to do so."
"Honestly my preference would be to catch and interrogate them now to prevent them from trying something once they reach the block of ice. That way all we have to do is haul back a large ice cube and tell the grand order to take better care of their stuff."

Quote:
"We could waylay their knight and replace him, or continue to follow them until the location of the Stone Melder is revealed before we strike."
"That replacement strategy sounds good. They haven't had a pass phrase or anything, right? Only problem I got is I have no idea where the knight is right now."

Quote:
The knights at the lodge are still there. The knight who was nodding at Uglin's speech seems to be at home with his family.
Hm. Can I disperse my remaining swarms in the area surrounding the vicinity to keep tabs on who's coming and going?

Quote:
"The threat will remain until the Stone Melder is secured, so I am hesitant to tip our hand before it is positively located."
"I suppose that's fair. Let's wait around a little and see what happens."
Old 09-13-2022, 08:07 AM   #845
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Hm. Can I disperse my remaining swarms in the area surrounding the vicinity to keep tabs on who's coming and going?
Yes, the remaining swarms can do that.

The group seems a little confused at why the knight they are expecting is so late. Halcyone can see why: Scarry and Lion are both busy at the lodge. They use mascaline pronouns for the knight, and Lion keeps on looking for a way to exit, so its probably him.

After quite some effort, Lion gets out of the lodge and heads for the granary.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-13-2022, 09:24 AM   #846
TGLS

Quote:
After quite some effort, Lion gets out of the lodge and heads for the granary.
I'll look for somewhere to hide that he's likely to pass by, so I can ambush him with the minineedler I have on hand. Is he wearing armour?

Quote:
[509] 22-09-13 16:19:53 BST - TGLS

Camouflage

3d6 <= 16
5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success
w ddd

[508] 22-09-13 16:19:28 BST - TGLS

Tactics

3d6 <= 14
4 + 6 + 2 = 12 ... success
Old 09-13-2022, 03:57 PM   #847
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
I'll look for somewhere to hide that he's likely to pass by, so I can ambush him with the minineedler I have on hand. Is he wearing armour?

"We will need to question him, so do take care to leave him breathing. As the conspiracy's ice manipulator and the one who smuggled the Melder out, he's likely to have the location, and while it may be unlikely, it's possible they are the only one that does. "

Seeing the state of Halycone's arms, Vassarious asks...
Are you alright?
Old 09-13-2022, 04:50 PM   #848
TGLS

Quote:
"We will need to question him, so do take care to leave him breathing."
"Don't worry; this is basically high tech blowgun. It can cut through an armored suit, but it'll probably hurt less than me punching him in the face."

Quote:
"As the conspiracy's ice manipulator and the one who smuggled the Melder out, he's likely to have the location, and while it may be unlikely, it's possible they are the only one that does."
Quote:
Seeing the state of Halcyone's arms, Vassarious asks..."Are you alright?"
I shrug.

"I cut them off myself. Accidentally I should add. It's survivable. I've met Tendriloids who literally served all their legs for lunch. The main difference is that Corco is going to replace my leg, while they were thrown on to the streets or worse after dinner."

Last edited by TGLS; 09-13-2022 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-14-2022, 06:46 AM   #849
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
"
"I cut them off myself. Accidentally I should add. It's survivable. I've met Tendriloids who literally served all their legs for lunch. The main difference is that Corco is going to replace my leg, while they were thrown on to the streets or worse after dinner."

"Served themselves? How horrific... I'm looking forward to helping you to liberate your people.
Old 09-14-2022, 10:28 AM   #850
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
He is wearing his armor, yes.

Quote:
[510] 22-09-14 17:28:18 BST
perception roll by lion
3d6
6 + 2 + 6 = 14
Halcyone has the drop on him.

Last edited by ericthered; 09-14-2022 at 12:52 PM.