Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-29-2020, 01:09 AM   #11
Balor Patch

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Career Guide

I don't see the Saint or Warrior Saint from Pyramid 3/36 DUNGEON SAINTS by Antoni Ten Monrós.
Balor Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 01:19 AM   #12
Crystalline_Entity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balor Patch View Post
I don't see the Saint or Warrior Saint from Pyramid 3/36 DUNGEON SAINTS by Antoni Ten Monrós.
They're listed as a lens of Cleric and Holy Warrior respectively, rather than as separate templates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejidoth View Post
It's really useful to have this. Again, thanks. It's already been useful since I'm doing a DF game with an Imitator and that class really needs all this information indexed.
I've been interested in the Imitator since I first read the article, but the complexity puts me off - something this supplement definitely helps with. I'd be interested in hearing how you get on!

Last edited by Crystalline_Entity; 08-29-2020 at 01:25 AM.
Crystalline_Entity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:00 AM   #13
Celjabba

An useful add-on could be a table indexing the racial templates and cost.

Besides DF3, I know of undead and monster ones in a couple Pyramids, but I wonder if there are more ?
(Also a couple ones in DFRPG monsters 2 and Companion 2, if we are willing to cross-pollinate)
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:16 AM   #14
Anders

Douglas Cole has released an entire book filled with racial templates for the Nordlond setting.
Old 08-29-2020, 06:45 AM   #15
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balor Patch View Post

Those are lenses, not professions. Nowhere do they offer full templates. Therefore, they appear as lenses; see the cleric and evil cleric for the saint lens, and the holy warrior and unholy warrior for the warrior-saint lens. Even the warrior-saint-saint made it in!
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 06:56 AM   #16
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

One thing gamers will have to live with here is "officialdom": Everything that's indexed is cited as originally published, with its original name and original status as a primary template, variant template, or lens. Only primary templates get top-level entries – i.e., headings. Variant templates (like buccaneer, Iron Mage, rogue, and savage warrior) and lenses specific to templates (like alchemist, life-force wizard, saint, samurai, sea raider, and songshaper) are all there, but under the relevant primary templates. Fortunately, a single PDF is easily searched . . . far more easily than "all the PDFs on my hard drive."
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 08:26 AM   #17
Dalin

I’m thrilled with this book. Among other things, it’s a great bridge for players from DFRPG to GURPS DF. I’ve sprinkled some DF into my DFRPG game but haven’t had an easy way to show people what sorts of options have been developed already.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #18
Michael Thayne

As someone who owns the entirety of Pyramid Vol. 3, this is a must-have. I've tried to make a guide to DF in Pyramid for my players, but I always knew I was leaving out stuff because I didn't really have time to carefully check the less-obviously-relevant Pyramid issues for material. Great resource.
Michael Thayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:23 PM   #19
Blind Mapmaker

Honestly, even though I own all the stuff mentioned, I was surprised by at least half a dozen entries (Troubadour? Blob? Carnie?). I guess thirteen years is a long time to remember every little detail. This will appeal mostly to people who already own a lot of the relevant books, but the more books you own, the more useful it gets. If you use DF as a quarry for ideas and rules, it doesn't get any less useful. Wouldn't have spent much more than $5 on it, but it will definitely pay for itself in a short enough time.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:47 PM   #20
tbone

Great idea for a book and fine execution, with some nice bonuses like locations of sample characters and special gear, and the "General Type" and "Preferred Environment" labels. Those simple labels look great for eyeballing the readiness of a team for a specific adventure.

I was surprised at the number of professions, including a few I'd forgotten about or never heard of in the first place. Gotta complete my Pyramid collection!

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy