Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-22-2018, 07:18 PM   #31
Rupert

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Mount and Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
I'd describe that apparent paradox as the mount being more and more aware of the rider's balance. I created a technique for throwing a while back. I doubt there could be one for helping, because that's the major use of the skill.
When I was a child we had a several ponies & horses, and the best one for learning to ride on -generally well-behaved, nice mannered, comfortable gaits, etc., was also the one that was by far the most skilled at removing riders she found tiresome, and she also had the trick of changing her gait slightly (especially her trot, already the hardest gait to ride comfortably) so that it became bone-jarring and extremely hard to keep time with.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 03:05 PM   #32
Pursuivant

Default Re: [Basic] Skill of the week: Mount and Riding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
One thing I'm not convinced is reasonable is that Driving and Piloting do not affect firing from a vehicle the same way.
This is true, at least for WW I and II. While you needed a minimum threshold of piloting skill to be an ace, gunnery skill could vastly exceed flying skill. It was discovered in WW2 that pre-war acrobatics pilots didn't do as well in combat as men who might not fly as well but who had a better grasp of combat tactics.
Pursuivant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basic, mount, riding, skill of the week