Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 04-09-2021, 05:31 PM   #11
simonbolivar3

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip - Print-On-Demand Titles

Thanks for the information, I will try to get more T.F.T books and expansions, I already have the The Fantasy trip in the labyrinth book, I enjoy it a lot, I play when I ever get the chance of free time.
simonbolivar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:19 AM   #12
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbolivar3 View Post
Thanks for the information, I will try to get more T.F.T books and expansions, I already have the The Fantasy trip in the labyrinth book, I enjoy it a lot, I play when I ever get the chance of free time.
Our pleasure! Good to hear you're enjoying the work.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:29 PM   #13
larsdangly

Anyone who has the Labyrinth Planner want to offer advice about the best way to make maps in it? The paper is pretty thin so even my thinest, lightest sharpie-style wet marker bled through like crazy. I've fallen back on colored pencils, but they are a bad choice for anything you want to be bold or well defined.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:49 PM   #14
Terquem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
Anyone who has the Labyrinth Planner want to offer advice about the best way to make maps in it? The paper is pretty thin so even my thinest, lightest sharpie-style wet marker bled through like crazy. I've fallen back on colored pencils, but they are a bad choice for anything you want to be bold or well defined.
I haven't tried yet but I have a small collection of various manufacturers artist pens and I will give them a test to see which ones work best.

I don't mind if I use up the Planner as I expect I will never use it for anything else
Terquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:52 AM   #15
Shostak

Quote:
I've fallen back on colored pencils, but they are a bad choice for anything you want to be bold or well defined.
Are you using Prismacolor pencils? They are about the best on the market. But no, they'll never be as bold as black ink.
Shostak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 08:41 AM   #16
larsdangly

I just have cheap-@$$ colored pencils from wherever. I'll look into the ones you suggest.

I'm liking the scale and format of the book, otherwise. It is well suited to making a handy permanent record of 1 level or major level-section of a dungeon, so you can use a stack of them as 'chapters' of something big.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 11:11 PM   #17
PBarone714

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip - Print-On-Demand Titles: TFT Adventures 2 Book???

Hello,
Is there a TFT Adventures 2 book that's for sale?

Thanks,
GM Paolo
PBarone714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:00 AM   #18
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip - Print-On-Demand Titles: TFT Adventures 2 Book???

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarone714 View Post
Hello,
Is there a TFT Adventures 2 book that's for sale?

Thanks,
GM Paolo
The book is not yet available. We'll release that title to Warehouse 23 in the future.
Old 09-20-2021, 01:00 AM   #19
ColinK

Quote:
I've been doing a lot of home-crafted dungeons this year, so will get a lot of use out of the labyrinth planner and agree that one book per substantial dungeon is the way to go. But note that one thing we don't have in the product line is sheets of hex paper that are big enough to really hold the floor plan of the entirety of a dungeon level that is roughly the size of a typical D+D dungeon, at a scale where your map can be read and perhaps contain small written notes (e.g., 'H4' next to a hidden door). We have the 8.5x11 sheet of small-scale graph paper, but I've found myself spilling over onto multiple sheets pretty often. I wonder if there is something that could be done with a big rolled or (more plausible for a shipped item) blank folded map sheets with a scale of 1/4" or even 1/2" per hex or so.
Lars, have you played with Shadekeep's fantastic mapping tool?
https://shadekeep.com/shamat.html
I've been able to create maps and print them, though I have not yet tried to scale the printed maps yet. That ought not to be a challenge. It seems likely I can fit them to the page size of any of the TFT print-on-demand booklets for some nifty inserts, though the smallest formats might need a magnifying glass . . . A double or quadruple page-sized fold out map ought to be possible for gamers to add as desired to their dungeon planners.

Last edited by ColinK; 09-20-2021 at 01:04 AM. Reason: More content
ColinK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 04:25 AM   #20
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Solo adventure, Warlock's Workshop, added to the list.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/155634936X...evejacksongame

Tags
print on demand