Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 06-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
MIB2826

Default Re: Have I been playing this game wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Boo View Post
and Steve used a kill the hireling GUAL card even though their was no hireling in play (at least not that I could see)
Felicia had the Hireling out on the table. It is shown that he plays it to the table, but if you rewatch it, you can see she had one before the GUAL was played.
MIB2826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #12
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gospel X View Post
But you cannot change race/class when it is not your turn.
As I recall, you can play a Race/Class card as soon as you get it (assuming you're not in combat), even if it's not your turn. But if you choose not to, then you have to wait for your turn. Same goes for like, Half-Breed and Super Munchkin.
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #13
Atratus333

I noticed a few things like that too as I was watching. Glad I wasnt the only one.
Atratus333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:33 PM   #14
Lazybones

I didn't find that part strange, like already mentioned by someone else, keeping your cards in your hand keeps them out of danger if you have a thief or some other curse cards ahead of you in play... The down side is as shown, that they could not alter their character to join combat..

I had a bigger issue with the little bit where Sandeep also offers to assist steve along with Felicia. I believe what was happening is Felicia joined combat for the true assist and Sandeep was just being helpful with a one shot for a treasure side deal, but this brings up the question of one player assisting vs Helping someone out which is much less risky?
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #15
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazybones View Post
I had a bigger issue with the little bit where Sandeep also offers to assist steve along with Felicia. I believe what was happening is Felicia joined combat for the true assist and Sandeep was just being helpful with a one shot for a treasure side deal, but this brings up the question of one player assisting vs Helping someone out which is much less risky?
I haven't seen the video yet, but that would be another thing against the rules if he did it for one of the Treasures in the combat. He can negotiate to play his one shot for a reward, yes, but I believe the reward has to come from those cards that are in play or that the combat owner could put into play, as the only way for him to legally get it is via a trade.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
Bampop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
as the only way for him to legally get it is via a trade.
Well, the rules do say you can give away items for whatever reason, but this instance seemed like he was negotiating for a pick of the treasures and not specifically for an item. I would have had less of a problem with it if he had said, "I'll take a treasure if one of them is an item I can legally have," but again, it was a two hour game edited down to 30 minutes, so who knows how much of the conversation was cut out.

As was said earlier in the thread, there's no way a 30 minute show whose main intent is to just show you how awesome these games are can get everything 100% right and stay entertaining. If every rule was dissected, the show would be 4 hour long and get almost as boring as my post here.

All that said, the show is doing it's job, as I've already sunk $70 into the Small World franchise, plan to buy Catan and Ticket to Ride, and have tried most of them out at my FLGS.
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:34 AM   #17
The Big Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bampop View Post
All that said, the show is doing it's job, as I've already sunk $70 into the Small World franchise, plan to buy Catan and Ticket to Ride, and have tried most of them out at my FLGS.
I have also bought Small World ands it's expansions because of Tabletop, and I bought the iPhone app of ticket to ride.

I already own catan, it's a fantastic game.

Munchkin is still my favourite game though
The Big Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #18
Gospel X

For those who get upset about the handling of the rules on TableTop, a note from Mr. Wheaton:

Quote:
Munchkin is one of those games that brings out the Rules Lawyers and self-proclaimed experts who spend a lot of time pointing out every time we did something that wasn't optimal, or when we screwed up with the rules, so this is a very good time for me to point something out: The goal of TableTop is to show how much fun it is to play games. It isn't a tutorial on how to win them. We know that we make mistakes (we shot 20 episodes in 10 days on a tiny budget with 60 different players) and we're okay with that.
Gospel X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
Dwarf Ale

OK.

For that matter, though, both Steve and Felicia rolled a die to run away from the Floating Nose.

The video was rather good though.

Last edited by Dwarf Ale; 06-05-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Dwarf Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #20
SmokeRulz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarf Ale View Post
For that matter, though, both Steve and Felicia rolled a die to run away from the Floating Nose.
That was the only glaring error that I noticed. I don't know if it was simply a mistake, or a production choice for drama's sake. Regardless, it doesn't matter. The episode was hilarious and had a great ending to the game!
Apocalypse: 1-2, supplements
Legends: 1
SmokeRulz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
table, tabletop, top