Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #691
RogerBW
 
RogerBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: near London, UK
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
It'll handle BioVision, Collada, Poser and Wavefront objects.
Wavefront is dead easy. See http://firedrake.org/roger/shuttle_obj.zip, which is a conversion of the five object files (you'll still need to download the original file for the textures). That's been through my standard scaling and rotation filters, but all of the objects have been passed the same way so they should all be consistent with each other.

That file will disappear at midnight/GMT on Friday.
RogerBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #692
robkelk
Untitled
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: between keyboard and chair
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
Wavefront is dead easy. See http://firedrake.org/roger/shuttle_obj.zip, which is a conversion of the five object files (you'll still need to download the original file for the textures). That's been through my standard scaling and rotation filters, but all of the objects have been passed the same way so they should all be consistent with each other.

That file will disappear at midnight/GMT on Friday.
Got it - thanks!
__________________
Rob Kelk
“Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.”
– Bernard Baruch,
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM   #693
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

Simple backgrounds make rendering in LUX so much easier.

After 10 hours Steampunk Holly had almost 7,000 S/px (I started rendering then went to bed). But, this picture of Pink, in a miniskirt, after 33 hours, was only at 1,900 S/px. (MonkeyFist wanted a picture of her in a miniskirt, who am I to complain?)
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 PM   #694
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer
 
Kuroshima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Simple backgrounds make rendering in LUX so much easier.

After 10 hours Steampunk Holly had almost 7,000 S/px (I started rendering then went to bed). But, this picture of Pink, in a miniskirt, after 33 hours, was only at 1,900 S/px. (MonkeyFist wanted a picture of her in a miniskirt, who am I to complain?)
I really like your Steampunk Holly. Mark, do you have some gallery where I can look at your arts?
__________________
Antoni Ten
MIB3119
My GURPs character sheet
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:33 PM   #695
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
I really like your Steampunk Holly.
Yes, I agree. I can only conclude the food shortage must of started after the Victorian era in Mark's world. :)
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #696
Anthony
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Berkeley, CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Yes, I agree. I can only conclude the food shortage must of started after the Victorian era in Mark's world. :)
I think she's actually pretty skinny, it's just that the clothing masks it.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #697
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I think she's actually pretty skinny, it's just that the clothing masks it.
Her cheeks seem fuller, and the positioning of the hand makes it hard to see, but I think her neck isn't as disproportionate. She also apparently has hips.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #698
Ze'Manel Cunha
 
Ze'Manel Cunha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Her cheeks seem fuller, and the positioning of the hand makes it hard to see, but I think her neck isn't as disproportionate. She also apparently has hips.
Not to mention that her forearms and biceps are actually bigger than her elbows.
__________________
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. -RAH
Ze'Manel Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #699
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Somewhere high up.
Default Re: Art for games

MonkeyFist has an album at Photobucket (under his more commonly known pseudonym of “HandofBobb”). If you do a user search for HandofBobb at Photobucket, and then go to the Mark Skarr folder, that’s where my stuff goes. I’ve had difficulty linking to it before but here is a link, hopefully, to my folder.

Ironically, though they said one of my images of Jillian violated their ToS, the previous test image, which is identical save for no background, is still available!. Heh, silly.

I have some really old stuff in that folder.

Here’s a picture of the non-steampunk version of Holly (she started her gaming career as the super heroine Red Velvet). It shows significantly more of her body to make analysis of her figure easier. She does have a rather large chest.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #700
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Art for games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
Ironically, though they said one of my images of Jillian violated their ToS, the previous test image, which is identical save for no background, is still available!. Heh, silly.
I imagine that someone complained about the one, and not the other.
Quote:
It shows significantly more of her body to make analysis of her figure easier. She does have a rather large chest.
She also has wider hips and thighs. Definitely not as emaciated. Perhaps her super power is to suck the the nutritional value from everyone else's food.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
art

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.