Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-12-2021, 10:14 AM   #551
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Here's Pacifica to-do list, summing it up:

She will check the terminals and look for the cargo-operation files with the relevant passwords. If Pacifica needs to take precautions regarding cameras, computer logs or people let me know.

I also want Pacifica to check with the "lunchtime hub" for news regarding the operation, and new rumors.

How did they fix the elevator? Looking for obvious cues, did they install a new panel?
Old 03-12-2021, 10:52 AM   #552
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
If you're going to be active two nights in a row, we'll need to start tracking missed sleep. You lost an hour of sleep disabling the weapon's locker.
That's a good point. I'll case officers the night after next.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #553
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
She will check the terminals and look for the cargo-operation files with the relevant passwords. If Pacifica needs to take precautions regarding cameras, computer logs or people let me know.
What terminal will she be using, at what time of day, whose password will she use (navigator, gunner, navigator low NCO, navigator high NCO), and what precautions will she use to make sure no one notices anything suspicious?

Quote:
I also want Pacifica to check with the "lunchtime hub" for news regarding the operation, and new rumors.
nothing yet... the next hyperspace jump should be when they announce it, and that will happen a day or two after the meeting.

The rumors about the dreadstormers are sort of stagnating, repeating the old things: they think they know where one is. You'd think they'd have caught the fish by now.

Quote:
How did they fix the elevator? Looking for obvious cues, did they install a new panel?
They replaced the component that was shorted out, and soldered it in. The spares are kept in storage near the vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
That's a good point. I'll case officers the night after next.
So after the meeting.

Lets go ahead and start the meeting. I need a stealth roll from pacifica, who will be sneaking out during the night. Also, where will Hua leave Thibi? Its during their shift, but Thibi is willing to bend the rules for Hua.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-15-2021 at 07:22 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 08:18 AM   #554
TGLS

Quote:
Lets go ahead and start the meeting. I need a stealth roll from pacifica, who will be sneaking out during the night. Also, where will Hua leave Thibi? Its during their shift, but Thibi is willing to bend the rules for Hua.
My cover will be that we'll split up to be more efficient on various scutwork and we'll meet up for a particular task, and I'll quickly do the task and go on to the meeting.

Quote:
[380] 21-03-15 15:18:05 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 2 + 2 = 6 ... success

[379] 21-03-15 15:17:56 CET
Housekeeping
3d6 <= 14 : 1 + 4 + 3 = 8 ... success
And then I'll say:
"Disabled most of the guns without incident. Planning on casing officers' days next, for brainwashing or assassination."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 10:56 AM   #555
Hide

Quote:
What terminal will she be using, at what time of day, whose password will she use (navigator, gunner, navigator low NCO, navigator high NCO), and what precautions will she use to make sure no one notices anything suspicious?
At this moment, Pacfica will most likely check the navigation high NCO's account. For the precautions:

Are there cameras?
Is IP-USER log keeping employed in this universe?
Are there "public terminals"?
When Pacifica aids others, is she using their terminals? What to the users do when she aids them?
Maybe we can brainwash the high NCO or an officer, and do the thing from the terminal at his room. She might as well suggest this during the meeting.

For the meeting:

Using displacement -2 with 2 FP did not work this time; Pacifica will use (vanilla) stealth:

Pacifica's meeting (stealth):
3d6 <= 15
2 + 2 + 5 = 9 ... success

That's great news Hua; while you were at it, I created a diversion messing with the elevator. It's already fixed, they got spares but it worked.

I think we should get an officer ASAP; I understand the jump (if it happens) will take place in about 2 days.

Officers have terminals at their rooms, so we could get there and scuff for information about the cargo-operation. Thanks to Day Nejora's been subverted, so we can work a plan to turn invisible, shadow and officer and "fetch the data".
Old 03-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #556
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
At this moment, Pacifica will most likely check the navigation high NCO's account. For the precautions:

Are there cameras?
Is IP-USER log keeping employed in this universe?
Are there "public terminals"?
When Pacifica aids others, is she using their terminals? What to the users do when she aids them?
Maybe we can brainwash the high NCO or an officer, and do the thing from the terminal at his room. She might as well suggest this during the meeting.
There are no cameras, but the terminals are in very public locations, and in nearly constant use in a crowded space. People will see that you are using the NCO terminal, and only the NCO terminal will give you the information, regardless of the login.

There are "spare terminals", which are used if your terminal is having problems. They are in a different location. They can be hooked up to have NCO privileges, but that involves some manual wiring.

When Pacifica aides other users, she sometimes uses their terminals, and usually they stay looking over her shoulder. Other times she does the work on her terminal and then sends it over to them.

Getting access to an officer terminal via their room is an option. If you can get in. They won't have access to everything there, but you will have access to their private documents. Getting the right officer may be important.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-15-2021, 02:58 PM   #557
Hide

Quote:
(...) There are "spare terminals", which are used if your terminal is having problems. They are in a different location. They can be hooked up to have NCO privileges, but that involves some manual wiring. (...)
Are these located at Pacifica's workplace? I don't think it is good have the enemy suspect of her section.

What would be the relevant skills for this?

Quote:
(...)Getting access to an officer terminal via their room is an option (...)
Magnificent, ready for action. We could start with Chorthavor's superiors, who would these people be (names)?
Old 03-16-2021, 08:23 AM   #558
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
My cover will be that we'll split up to be more efficient on various scutwork and we'll meet up for a particular task, and I'll quickly do the task and go on to the meeting.
That will work!

Quote:
Are these located at Pacifica's workplace? I don't think it is good have the enemy suspect of her section.
So if you look at deck 9, you'll see that the area she works is just a large sea of desks with terminals. The spares are on the edges of that area: she could get a spare desk near her section, or on the other side of the area.

There is another command center on deck 6, though she doesn't have an excuse for being there.

Quote:
What would be the relevant skills for this?
Hooking it up requires Electrician or any electronics repair skill. You also need to cause a problem with your own terminal that would make you need a new terminal. That could be computer operation, electrician, electronics repair, or possibly one of your powers.

Quote:
Magnificent, ready for action. We could start with Chorthavor's superiors, who would these people be (names)?
These are your superiors, and would be the officers in charge of navigation.

Give me a moment. The USB drive with all of the notes for this game was destroyed a month ago, and the attempt to restore it last night failed. I'll see what I can scrounge up.

Go ahead an have your meeting and plan what you are doing.

Old 03-16-2021, 09:41 AM   #559
Hide

Thank you, let's assume Pacifica dicusses this plan with her team: "Brainwashing the navigation superiors". Chorthavor seems to be in the know about several details in the ship, and most likely this is due to his possition and "contact" with them.
Old 03-17-2021, 03:46 PM   #560
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

What do the three dreadstormers think about the plan to enter the officer's quarters and mind control some or all of them?