Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2021, 01:25 PM   #1071
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Well Sir, I think it is not simply a matter of telling them or not telling them. The culprits already know about their job with the weapons, if you let the people in the ship learn about the spoiled guns (without a solution or a countermeasure) you risk morale.

Pacifica takes what Zybo’s says into consideration, and makes a risk assessment; she takes into consideration the risks to the ship’s crew to respond... What will the answer be?

Pacifica (Administration)
3d6 <= 14
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success.

I believe we must take the simplest path towards the gun issue; checking all of the guns and picking the parts that work to refurbish or restore as much firearms as possible. And the remaining (inoperative) firearms can work as a decoy. For the parts that are completely useless, depending on the materials, could be melt and employed to make blunt weapons, improvised blades or to repair the ship.

Pacifica (Armory)
3d6 <= 12
4 + 4 + 2 = 10 ... success.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 12-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:29 PM   #1072
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar will meet up with Hua. "Are we trying to convert more security?"
"Yup, let's try to get another five pairs, at least."
Quote:
[706] 21-11-30 15:46:57 CET
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
1: 2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success
2: 5 + 3 + 4 = 12 ... success
3: 3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... success
4: 5 + 4 + 1 = 10 ... success
5: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
[705] 21-11-30 15:46:41 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1: 5 + 2 + 4 = 11 ... success
2: 4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... success
3: 2 + 3 + 3 = 8 ... success
4: 5 + 1 + 2 = 8 ... success
5: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
OOC: If you think five's too risky I think we can let the dice stand anyway.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:22 AM   #1073
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

go ahead and make daymar's rolls...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Well Sir, I think it is not simply a matter of telling them or not telling them. The culprits already know about their job with the weapons, if you let the people in the ship learn about the spoiled guns (without a solution or a countermeasure) you risk morale.

Pacifica takes what Zybo’s says into consideration, and makes a risk assessment; she takes into consideration the risks to the ship’s crew to do respond... What will be the answer?

Pacifica (Administration)
3d6 <= 14
3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success.
I'm confused... are you trying to help the enemy?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:01 PM   #1074
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) I'm confused... are you trying to help the enemy?
Pacifica was directly addressed about the issue; since this is Zybo, she is obliged to provide a compliant answer. Advising in favor of the worst result could play against her: “You got this advisor and she’s telling you to take a senseless approach? Definitively a Dread-Stormer”.

Taking a look at her second proposal, now Zybo will likely check the guns instead of the Dread-Stormers and put all the good ones together. Pacifica will learn about this, and then she will direct her team-mates to the right place.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:16 PM   #1075
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar agrees to try for 5 more pairs. Before starting, he says to Hua, "If I make a noise, please don't leave me exposed again! Alert guards without the benefit of invisibility are bad news!"

[709] 21-12-02 01:10:53 CET

Stealth

3d6 <= 14
1: 3 + 5 + 5 = 13 ... success
2: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... failure
3: 6 + 4 + 3 = 13 ... success
4: 4 + 4 + 5 = 13 ... success
5: 5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success

(OOC: What are the odds of rolling 13 4 times?)

[710] 21-12-02 01:11:43 CET

Luck reroll of failed Stealth roll

3d6 <= 14
1: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success
2: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success

[711] 21-12-02 01:13:59 CET

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism, La Quinta Republica), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success
2: 5 + 2 + 2 = 9 ... success
3: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
4: 2 + 5 + 2 = 9 ... success
5: 4 + 6 + 6 = 16 ... success
6: 1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
7: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
8: 1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success
9: 1 + 3 + 6 = 10 ... success
10: 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success

(OOC: With the re-rolled Stealth, the first two sets are probably good. One Mental Surgery roll is borderline for each of the 3rd and 4th sets).
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 10:21 AM   #1076
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica was directly addressed about the issue; since this is Zybo, she is obliged to provide a compliant answer. Advising in favor of the worst result could play against her: “You got this advisor and she’s telling you to take a senseless approach? Definitively a Dread-Stormer”.

Taking a look at her second proposal, now Zybo will likely check the guns instead of the Dread-Stormers and put all the good ones together. Pacifica will learn about this, and then she will direct her team-mates to the right place.
Zybo takes the suggestion of taking inventory of the weapons and says he'll promote it at the officer's mess when they talk about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
(OOC: With the re-rolled Stealth, the first two sets are probably good. One Mental Surgery roll is borderline for each of the 3rd and 4th sets).
only the first three sets apply... you're running into the same folks again and again. You have 26 security compromised, 28 if you count the two that are locked up. There should be 30 on this shift... you're missing two pairs from this shift (and have a pair from a different shift). If you want more security compromised, you'll need to hunt in a different place and time.

You think all of the mind control worked.

Quote:
I'll go to meet with Daymar after checking if there are any messages.
You find a message:

"Control,
We believe that moving against the officers is possible and appropriate. We are available to assist. Obtain an invitation.

Pooka-Pooka
"

*********************************************
It is now third shift, 150 hours after the dropout, 42 hours until the promised jail break. Pacifica and Daymar are supposed to be sleeping, Hua is on Duty.

Hua hears someone estimate that they need maybe four more days to get the drive done at this rate.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 12-02-2021 at 10:30 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:04 AM   #1077
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
only the first three sets apply... you're running into the same folks again and again. You have 26 security compromised, 28 if you count the two that are locked up. There should be 30 on this shift... you're missing two pairs from this shift (and have a pair from a different shift). If you want more security compromised, you'll need to hunt in a different place and time.
"I say we just ask one of the subverted guards or officers directly where the four remaining guards are."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"Control,
We believe that moving against the officers is possible and appropriate. We are available to assist. Obtain an invitation.

Pooka-Pooka
"
Obtain an invitation? Like an entry visa? This is confusing.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:29 PM   #1078
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I say we just ask one of the subverted guards or officers directly where the four remaining guards are."
Daymar says, "Well, if you want to be cautious about it we could approach a subverted guard or officer while invisible and I could Suggest that they share that information with their buddy out loud...but that's pretty complicated. Maybe the direct approach you suggest would be best."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #1079
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Zybo takes the suggestion of taking inventory of the weapons and says he'll promote it at the officer's mess when they talk about this (...)
Pacifica asks Zybo to let her help with the weapons (repairing/moving them) when they get to fix them (she loves guns).

Savoir Faire:
3d6 <= 14
4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You find a message: (...)Pooka-Pooka(...)
OOC: It is so fun they picked this after we "hacked" ther communications.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #1080
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Obtain an invitation? Like an entry visa? This is confusing.
Its intentionally cryptic. They mean to get one of the officers you've subverted to let the mind controller in. They might be a little nervous about writing down that some of the officers are compromised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica asks Zybo to let her help with the weapons (repairing/moving them) when they get to fix them (she loves guns).
Zybo says that's probably not possible: they idea hasn't been approved yet, and Pacifica can't get the necessary clearance. He'll mention that the extra hands gaurds might be a useful resource there though.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.